The first 20,000 are a Limited Edition digi-pack (includes a poster of the artwork inside the packaging) after which it will be released as a standard jewel case double CD.
Release dates (2005):
UK (Pinnacle) - 26th September
USA (Navarre) - 25th October
Germany (SPV) - 7th October
Poland (Rock Serwis) - 10th October
Norway (VME) - 3rd October
Spain (Mastertrax) - 10th October
Sweden (Showtime) - 28th September
France (Wagram) - 17th October
Holland (Bertus) - 26th September
Finland (Edel) - 3rd October
Italy (Audioglobe) - 10th October
01. Just Good Friends (with Sam Brown, 1995 single edit) [Dick/Usher/Boult/Simmonds] (3.58)
02. Shot the Craw (2004 single edit) [Dick/Watson/Duguid] (4.01)
03. A Gentleman's Excuse Me (1989) [Dick/Simmonds] (4.20)
04. Kayleigh (1985 single edit) [Dick/Rothery/Kelly/Trewavas/Mosley] (3.36)
05. Solo (1993) [Sandy Denny] (4.02)
06. Incomplete (with Elizabeth Troy Antwi, 1999) [Dick/Antwi/Millett] (3.44)
07. The Company (1989) [Dick/Simmonds] (4.07)
08. Fortunes of War (1994 single edit) [Dick/Cassidy/Boult] (5.05)
09. Our Smile (2001 single edit) [Dick/Wesley/Young] (4.15)
10. Lavender (1985) [Dick/Rothery/Kelly/Trewavas/Mosley] (3.43)
11. Lady Let it Lie (1994 single edit) [Dick/Paton/Cassidy] (4.08)
12. Cliché (1989) [Dick/Simmonds/Lindes] (7.06)
13. Scattering Crows (2004) [Dick/Watson/Turrell/Duguid] (5.05)
14. Tara (1997 edit) [Dick/Paterson] (4.01)
15. Caledonia (2003) [Dougie MacLean] (5.25)
16. Raw Meat (1994 edit) [Dick/Paterson] (5.05)
Total time 71.40
All tracks published by Fishy Music Ltd/EMI Music Publishing Ltd/Copyright Control except track 5 published by Warlock Music Ltd, track 6 published by Limetree Arts and Music and tracks 4 and 10 by Charisma Music Ltd/EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
01. Big Wedge (1989 single edit) [Dick/Simmonds] (4.21)
02. Credo (1991 single edit) [Dick/Simmonds/Boult/Usher] (4.04)
03. Incommunicado (1987 single edit) [Dick/Rothery/Trewavas/Kelly/Mosley] (3.58)
04. Goldfish and Clowns (1997 single edit) [Dick/Wilson] (4.11)
05. Long Cold Day (2001) [Dick/Wesley/Young] (5.33)
06. Brother 52 (1997 single edit) [Dick/Wilson] (3.55)
07. Clock Moves Sideways (2001) [Dick/Wesley] (7.17)
08. The Perception of Johnny Punter (1997) [Dick/Wilson] (8.36)
09. Moving Targets (2004) [Dick/Watson/Duguid] (5.46)
10. Plague of Ghosts (1999) [Dick/Turrell/Daghorn]
11. (i) Old Haunts (3.13)
12. (ii) Digging Deep (6.49)
13. (iii) Chocolate Frogs (4.04)
14. (iv) Waving at Stars (3.12)
15. (v) Raingods Dancing (4.16)
16. (vi) Wake up Call (Make it Happen) (3.32)
Total time 72.47
All tracks published by Fishy Music Ltd/EMI Music Publishing Ltd/Copyright Control except track 3 by Charisma Music Ltd/EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
Recording copyright on 'Balladeer' tracks 3, 4, 7, 10, 12 and on 'Rocketeer' tracks 1 and 3 EMI Records.
All other tracks recording copyright Derek W Dick/Chocolate Frog Record Company Ltd.
This compilation copyright Chocolate Frog Record Company Ltd under exclusive license to Snapper Music plc. 2005.
Reviews:A great collection, with a few of the older Marillion tracks thrown in for good measure. When Fish and Marillion parted company, the pundits screamed that both would disappear without trace. Both however have maintained a hardcore following. Still relevant? Absolutely. This collection should please old and new alike. There is something here for everyone - the early solo material like "Big Wedge" & "The Company" still stand head and shoulders above the rest for me, but the later stuff is good to hear too, and the man certainly has not lost his touch. 5 out of 5 stars. N. R. Freckleton, October 5, 2005
For the first time a double CD collection that encompasses the career of the most successful progressive rock singer since Peter Gabriel with Genesis. "Bouillabaisse - The Best Of Fish" features the massive Marillion hits "Kayleigh", "Lavender" and "Incommunicado" through to the singer's more recent solo material which still brings the fans out in droves. Amazon, October 2005
Fish left Marillion in 1989 (although some people still think he is in the band) to embark on a varied career that is amply captured in this double CD 'Best Of'. It comes in a lavish cover complete with a superb cover artwork. Luckily you can judge this 'book' by its cover as the music contained inside is excellent. There are three Marillion originals - 'Kayleigh', the beautiful 'Lavender' and 'Incommunicado' to add to the mix before you even embark on the solo offerings. All his solo work is covered from 'Big Wedge' and my personal favourite Fish track, 'A Gentleman's Excuse Me' from his debut album right up to his latest album 'Field Of Crows'. Other gems include his duet with Sam Brown on 'Just Good Friends', the lavish effects strewn 'Credo' and 'Caledonia', from the Frankie Miller tribute album, that sees Fish deliver one of his best vocal performances ever. Nice touch in putting the slower/ballads all on one disc with the rockier moments (or 'Rocketeer' as is titled) on the other disc.
For those who stopped listening after 'Vigil...' or still think the poor man fronts Marillion, this is an essential and ideal starting point to a varied solo career. Not really aimed at his hardcore fans as they will doubtless have everything on here although some may like it just for the cover art work and poster inside! 4.5 (out of 5) Jason Ritchie, September 2005