Battleside Ltd, released June 1993
Re-released by Voiceprint (Chocolate Frogs Record Co) April 2001, CFVP002.
Recorded live at Edinburgh Playhouse, 31st December 1991 (except tracks 14 & 15)
UK : FIS 005
USA: Griffin GN 0832-2
USA: Griffin FI102 (250 copies in a walnut wooden box)
CD 1 (62:24):
01. Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors [Dick/Simmonds]
02. Credo [Dick/Simmonds/Boult/Usher]
03. Tongues [Dick/Simmonds/Usher/Boult]
04. Family Business [Dick/Simmonds/Lindes]
The graveyard miniplay intro
05. Incubus [Dick/Rothery/Kelly/Mosley/Trewavas]
Giz A Bun big time! Trad jazz, New Year thoughts on drinking
06. The Company [Dick/Simmonds]
The joke (not well received!)
07. Shadowplay [Dick/Simmonds]
Custard pies through the screen! The professional Scotsman
CD 2 (62:12):
08. Dear Friend [Dick/Boult/Simmonds]
The bells toll and a Happy New Year to one and all. The piper with 'Auld Lang Syne'
09. Lucky [Dick/Boult/Simmonds]
Is the singer slurring?
10. Big Wedge [Dick/Simmonds]
11. Heart Of Lothian [Dick/Rothery/Kelly/Mosley/Trewavas]
12. Forgotten Sons [Dick/Rothery/Kelly/Mosley/Trewavas]
13. Fugazi [Dick/Rothery/Kelly/Mosley/Trewavas]
Band intro, the revolution starts here!
14. Internal Exile [Dick/Boult/Simmonds] (Recorded at Paris Olympia, 9th December 1991)
15. Market Square Heroes [Dick/Kelly/Minnett/Pointer/Rothery/Trewavas] (Recorded at Paris Olympia, 9th December 1991)
The bow '1, 2, 3..'
Guitar: Frank Usher
Guitar, backing vocals: Robin Boult
Bass: David Paton
Keyboards, backing vocals: Mickey Simmonds
Drums: Kevin Wilkinson
Reviews:Fish was the unique voice and mastermind behind progressive rock legends Marillion and on this recording he is captured at his best live. 'For Whom the Bells Toll', is an amazing testament to Fish's special live magic which he conjures up so brilliantly. With sleevenotes written by Fish, the recording was straight to tape and was made on New Years Eve in 1991 at the Edinburgh Playhouse. The line up consisted of Fish (vocals), Frank Usher (Guitar), Robin Boult (Bass), David Paton (bass), Mickey Simmonds (keyboards) and Kevin Wilkinson (drums). David Paton played with Pilot and featured on Kate Bush's first two albums and has also worked with Rick Wakeman. Mickey Simmonds has worked with Mike Oldfield and Kevin Wilkinson has played with China Crisis and Squeeze. This CD was originally issued only to the fan club for mail order sale but is finally available to the retail record buying public. As an added bonus this double CD is priced as for a single which offers great music at great value. Soundbite (Artist Shop newsletter), April 2001