All kinds of stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else

Re: What have you been reading?

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:08 am

brother 95 wrote:
Lauri wrote:
brother 95 wrote:I love Stephen King but it 's been a while now since I don't read his new books anymore

You should definetely read two pretty new thick ones: "Under The Dome" and "11/22/63". They are both simply great novels. King had few not so good years, but the latest have been very satisfactory. I have all his translated production and have read all of them at least twice. :-)

and the one you started reading ? is this take place in Florida ?
8-)

No, the one I'm reading is a part of The Dark Tower -series. A middle part written later than the end. :-)

Duma Key wasn't one of the best, but I could read it with not so much effort. :-D

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:13 am

ok thanks for the answer.....I love the dark tower serie but I think I've stopped with the fourth or fifth book!
I definitely have to start again reading some books of this great author!
8-)

Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:21 pm

Technically not reading anything but listening to an Audiobook - Dr who/The Apocalypse Element (Big Finish Productions) :D 8-)

Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:42 am

mwelljester wrote:Technically not reading anything but listening to an Audiobook - Dr who/The Apocalypse Element (Big Finish Productions) :D 8-)

Mmmm :? :? ...........Are we going to allow this 'listening' Rab? - Afterall, reading involves using your eyes. ;) :)

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:25 pm

arcademannequin wrote:
mwelljester wrote:Technically not reading anything but listening to an Audiobook - Dr who/The Apocalypse Element (Big Finish Productions) :D 8-)

Mmmm :? :? ...........Are we going to allow this 'listening' Rab? - Afterall, reading involves using your eyes. ;) :)

I am using my eyes honestly ;)

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:22 pm

mwelljester wrote:
arcademannequin wrote:

I am using my eyes honestly ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;)

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:47 pm

I am currently on Book 3 of "The Wheel of Time"

Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:51 pm

Almost finished Rod Stewart's biography.
Next is Adventures of a Waterboy by Mike Scott.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:25 am

zazabi wrote:Almost finished Rod Stewart's biography.
Next is Adventures of a Waterboy by Mike Scott.

I love reading autobiographies of musicians. The last one I read was Keith Richards autobiography which was a fantastic insight into the man and being in a rock band blazing the trail for every band that followed.

What was the Rod Stewart book like ?

I didnt know Mike Scott had written is autobiography. I love his music but know very little about him, I might order it.....

Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:39 pm

Just read the latest ASTERIX, ( Asterix and the Picts ) was really looking forward to reading it, I guess the whole Asterix collection is part of national treasure, I'm sure every french family has some of these albums on a shelf in their home somewher, but I was disappointed, I was expecting some good humour as usual, some funny names given to the characters, play on words, but that was almost inexistant, and the only reference to Scotland was the recurant "whisky"...
Next

Full Version