All kinds of stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else

Re: Seen any good films lately ?

Mon May 19, 2014 1:53 pm

"les lyonnais" by Olivier Marchal...a french gangster movie: not very good
8-)

Mon May 19, 2014 1:56 pm

The Lego Movie.

A fun family adventure which asks many of the probing questions in our life. Should we follow the instructions or build by our imaginations? :o

Tue May 20, 2014 7:12 am

"the interpreter" by Sydney Pollack .......a good thriller with Sean Penn and Nicole Kidman,both perfect as usual but the film is quite predictable!
8-)

Wed May 21, 2014 5:55 pm

"los tres entierros de melquiades estrada" by Tommy Lee Jones.....a beautiful first movie about friendship and a pledge made by a man to another:very touching
8-)

Wed May 21, 2014 8:03 pm

"friday the 13th part VI:jason lives" by Tom McLoughlin.....one of the best of the jason's movies because a of brilliant idea:to make jason a living dead:very simple but no "script writer" has thought of it before....now we know why jason is so invicible and why he always returns;
beside,it's a great slasher with imaginative and gore murders!!!
8-)

Sat May 24, 2014 8:59 pm

"the kingdom" by Peter Berg....a sensational and crushing thriller which even if it's a fiction,is very realistic....breathtaking!
8-)

Sun May 25, 2014 3:53 am

Idiocracy. A satiric movie on what our world might become.

Sun May 25, 2014 2:55 pm

"transformers 2" by Michael Bay.....of course it's a ridiculous script and Michael Bay is not Mike Leigh but the show is really awesome and the visual effects are surely the best on a screen so far:amazing!!!
8-)

Mon May 26, 2014 3:17 am

I finally saw XXY (Argentine movie, directorial debut of Lucia Puenzo, daughter to none other than famous Argentine director Luis Puenzo) and thought it was quite good!

A poignant, non-sensationalistic look into hermaphrodites, sexuality during those awkward teenage years, life choices, and parent/offspring relationships. A fine movie, in my opinion!

Fri May 30, 2014 10:17 am

It seems to be a time of reflection...years ago, in another place-I watched the City of Lost Children. Something reminded me recently of it, so I watched it again.
When I originally watched it, my oldest daughter was only a few months old, now shes' 21. I was so traumatized by some ideas in the movie, such as little children being the subject of experiments, and the overall story, the lonliness and aloneness of the human experience. Back when I first watched the movie. I totally missed out on the cinematography and the other artistic elements in the film, not to mention that ultimately, like a childs fantasy, good wins. The bad people get whats coming to them and thats pretty satisfying.
Maybe taking the surge of hormones from new mother hood out of the equation made it better.
Whatever the reason, I think I would recommend others' watch it.
Next

Full Version