All kinds of stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else

Re: Seen any good films lately ?

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:01 pm

"the road" by John Hillcoat....scary and chilling,"the road" is a sadly beautiful thriller with an extraordinary and stunning Viggo Mortensen :!: :brilliant
8-)

Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:31 pm

"the last of the mohicans" by Michael Mann.....a totally superb adventures movie with one of the most beautiful music I've ever heard in a film....
emotionally devastating and absolutely epic!!!
8-)

Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:52 pm

"Gravity" - truly deserving of all the positive things that has been said about it.

Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:44 pm

"the nameless" (los sin nombre) by Jaume Baleguero....a chilling thriller with an oppressive climate;Baleguero has chosen to suggest rather than show the horror of the script:really disturbing,shocking and scary!
8-)

Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:53 am

The World's End

Simon Pegg and co. decide to remake Shawn of the Dead but replace zombies with robots. Drinking and stuff happens. I remain mildly entertained.

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:17 am

Seen again "un long dimanche de fian├žailles" (A Very Long Engagement)
A romance during the 1st WW.
Highly recommended for those who have not seen this film

Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:47 pm

"the descent" by Neil Marshall.....what if "the descent" was the best horror movie of the past twenty years?.....the fear hasn't been that good in a film for a long time:intelligent and very very scary,"the descent" is a masterpiece!!!
8-)

Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:26 pm

"pacific rim" by Guillermo Del Toro.....totally jubilant and extraordinarily powerful,"pacific rim" is a disproportionate show:if you like to eat popcorn in front of a movie,this one is definitely for you!!!
8-)

Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:44 pm

I felt it was for grown ups who couldn't admit the my really wanted to watch Power Rangers instead. :)

Not a terrible film though. Definitely a popcorn flick.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:49 pm

"cogan,killing them softly" by Andrew Dominik....it should have been a great black thriller but it is too chatty and in the end quite boring...too bad,because Brad Pitt is charismatic and some scenes are visually stunning!
8-)
Next

Full Version