All kinds of stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else

General Football Chat Thread

Sat May 22, 2010 7:00 am

To keep everyone else up to date with what's going on where you are.

For the opening gambit, it's baking hot here this morning, but it's done the garden some real help, the red onions have sprung up another 6-ish inches over night.

I woke up at 3am with a hugely sore throat, so a pint of water later, and a couple of pain-killers, I went out for a cigarette, and snared 9 snails. That should see the sweet peas safe for a couple more nights.

Anybody care to update us with their news?

Re: General Chat Thread

Sat May 22, 2010 9:15 am

I'm washing, ironing and re-hanging the lounge curtains today. How boring is that?

Sat May 22, 2010 9:50 am

I'm back ;)

Sat May 22, 2010 10:42 am

Chris The Sarf wrote:To keep everyone else up to date with what's going on where you are.

For the opening gambit, it's baking hot here this morning, but it's done the garden some real help, the red onions have sprung up another 6-ish inches over night.

I woke up at 3am with a hugely sore throat, so a pint of water later, and a couple of pain-killers, I went out for a cigarette, and snared 9 snails. That should see the sweet peas safe for a couple more nights.

I'm drinking coffee, listening to my I Pod and reading Classic Rock while posting here, who said men can't Multi Task. :lol:

P.S. Chris, should you really be smoking with a bad throat. :?: :?: :D

Sat May 22, 2010 10:48 am

Went canoeing from 8 til 10:30.
A perfect spring day.
Absolutely beautiful on the canal. Lots of new baby swans, goslings and ducklings.

Back home for a croissant and coffee.
Just been down to the village butchers for some steak for the BBQ this evening.

Sat May 22, 2010 11:30 am

CF, you are quite right about the smoking, but it's a hard habit to break.

Best hot foot it to the off licence, there was only one can in the fridge, and that's nearly finished already! £6:50 for eight pint cans is an absolute bargain I simply can't turn down.

Might have a look in the hardware shop and see if they have any packets of seeds for flowers, and get the kids to sow some this afternoon. Kayleigh is at a party at 2pm, so we might get a bit of peace. I do wish I could find her volume switch!

Sat May 22, 2010 11:58 am

Chris The Sarf wrote:To keep everyone else up to date with what's going on where you are.

Strangely, it's baking hot too, Chris ;)
Just preparing for family BBQ this afternoon

Sat May 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Rich1 wrote:Just preparing for family BBQ this afternoon

Hmmmm.... I live in the same City as you, but you are right on the other side, and it's too far to walk. Best not invite myself then.

Sat May 22, 2010 2:06 pm

For about 2 seconds I thought you were going to eat those snails... :shock:

I woke up an hour ago (10 am) and it is a grey humid day on a long weekend (I should have gone away somewhere)
I will shower (today will be a really bad hair day), then pick up the newspaper from my folks home (they are away) and see if there is anything in their fridge I can steel for myself. Otherwise, I might have to go to the supermarket. ;)

I think I will just stay in and give some of my vinyl records a spin (I still have not heard most of them, and have also inherited quite a few from my grandfather, who passed in March) Maybe bake something. And go out for a walk later on, if it does not start to rain. No definite plans for the night yet, most probably I will get together with a couple of friends.

Sat May 22, 2010 2:10 pm

Teddynonose wrote:Went canoeing from 8 til 10:30.
A perfect spring day.
Absolutely beautiful on the canal. Lots of new baby swans, goslings and ducklings.

Back home for a croissant and coffee.
Just been down to the village butchers for some steak for the BBQ this evening.

What a beautiful morning. I really want to get a sit-on-top kayak (eventually), there is a river delta about 20 minutes drive from where I am, which is a really nice place to canoe or kayak. And it makes you feel as if you were worlds apart from city life.
Next

Full Version