All kinds of stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else

Re: Gardening/Allotment Thread

Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:49 am

....Certainly does Geoff! Very Spring-like today. :) - I was in the greenhouse a lot yesterday, brushing away cobwebs in preparation for all my tomato and pepper plants. Got quite a lot of potting-up done too. - Unfortunately haven't got the space to grow as much as you. Just the usual salad stuff. Tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, radish and peppers.

Elsewhere, the garden is looking fairly healthy, if overgrown and in need of a Brazilian. - Lots of daffs' coming up. :)

Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:00 pm

arcademannequin wrote:....Certainly does Geoff! Very Spring-like today. :) - I was in the greenhouse a lot yesterday, brushing away cobwebs in preparation for all my tomato and pepper plants. Got quite a lot of potting-up done too. - Unfortunately haven't got the space to grow as much as you. Just the usual salad stuff. Tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, radish and peppers.

Elsewhere, the garden is looking fairly healthy, if overgrown and in need of a Brazilian. - Lots of daffs' coming up. :)

I used to have a green house many years ago and I'm contemplating getting another one but I'm wondering if its worth the effort.
Ie making a decent base etc....

Sat May 03, 2014 7:50 pm

arcademannequin wrote:....Certainly does Geoff! Very Spring-like today. :) - I was in the greenhouse a lot yesterday, brushing away cobwebs in preparation for all my tomato and pepper plants. Got quite a lot of potting-up done too. - Unfortunately haven't got the space to grow as much as you. Just the usual salad stuff. Tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, radish and peppers.

So have you indulged your garden with a Brazilian yet? :lol:

Have spent half of wednesday in the garden weeding, seeding salads for my tortoise, planting geraniums to scare the mosies away, cleaning the patio, the table and chairs, ready for the next 6 months :-) Roll on Sunshine :D

The Mosquitoes seem to be late this year, let's hope the little buggers forget about my neighbourhood, maybe the fact that they haven't really been out yet is a good sign and that there will be less and less of them year after year... :hunter:

Sat May 03, 2014 9:04 pm

zazabi wrote:

So have you indulged your garden with a Brazilian yet? :lol:

Have spent half of wednesday in the garden weeding, seeding salads for my tortoise, planting geraniums to scare the mosies away, cleaning the patio, the table and chairs, ready for the next 6 months :-) Roll on Sunshine :D

The Mosquitoes seem to be late this year, let's hope the little buggers forget about my neighbourhood, maybe the fact that they haven't really been out yet is a good sign and that there will be less and less of them year after year... :hunter:

Oh yes! Giving the garden a Brazilian was very therapeutic. Not looking too bad now, but there are certain things I want to chop down completely. Will probably wait now till the autumn. - Luckily we don't suffer from mosquitoes where I live, but have recently seen some of the largest Bumblebees I've ever seen! We are talking golf ball sized! :o :shock: Guess it's a good thing really, as we all know how important bees are! Just a bit disconcerting when you are quietly reading a book and sipping a Chablis.

Sat May 24, 2014 10:29 am

Raised beds now fully planted and seeds sown

Potatoes, Onions, Runner Beans, Onions, Garlic, Parsnips, Carrots, Courgette, Squash, Tomatoes, Peppers, Lettuce, Parsley, new Bay Tree and a whole bed of strawberry plants which are all in flower so I could have a glut of strawberries in about a month.

Fri May 30, 2014 1:52 pm

Teddynonose wrote:Raised beds now fully planted and seeds sown

Potatoes, Onions, Runner Beans, Onions, Garlic, Parsnips, Carrots, Courgette, Squash, Tomatoes, Peppers, Lettuce, Parsley, new Bay Tree and a whole bed of strawberry plants which are all in flower so I could have a glut of strawberries in about a month.

All this rain has brought out all the slugs and snails who are feasting on my lettice, basil, chili and now my strawberries :(

Full Version