All kinds of stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else

TICKET RIP OFF MERCHANTS

Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:31 am

Just thought i would post this up as Fish has done on home page incase no one sees it.

Absoloutley disgusting!

http://t.co/RL8MJxir

Re: TICKET RIP OF MERCHANTS

Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:27 am

Have I missed something here? :oops: Is this seller flogging tickets at double their face value? Would anybody be stupid enough to buy? :shock:

Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:29 pm

Lady41 wrote:Have I missed something here? :oops: Is this seller flogging tickets at double their face value? Would anybody be stupid enough to buy? :shock:

Seems a bit daft to try and sell for double/triple the value if the gigs are not sold out.

What makes me more angry is the people who manage to get tickets for the big gigs and then flog them on ebay or reseller sites for stupid money.
It stinks because the normal punter cant get the tickets at face value.
I have seen this recently with Fleetwood Mac tickets. They sold out incredibly fast and yet minutes later they were on ebay for vastly inflated prices....and people are willing to bid silly money.
Grrrrrrrrrr

Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:04 pm

Lady41 wrote:Have I missed something here? :oops: Is this seller flogging tickets at double their face value? Would anybody be stupid enough to buy? :shock:

Let's hope not or even worse, unsuspecting possible 1st time fans who maybe put off buying a ticket in the first place with regards to the price without bothering to check proper ticket outlets.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:11 pm

I'd be surprised if this gig completely sells out, so it's ridiculous to think that anyone would ask for those sorts of prices when tickets will probably be available at the door.

Scandalous really, but I can't believe that people would be stupid enough to fall for it.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:59 pm

The thing that blows me away is that at the bottom of the page it says 'real tickets for real fans' If these people were real Fans they wouldn't try to con REAL Fans.
There was talk a couple of years ago that the Ticket Agencies were thinking of not selling tickets in the normal way but people would have to bid for tickets and of course whoever bids the most would get it. Totally disgusting, we would end up paying a fortune for a ticket right at the back. Just another case of Corporate greed!!!

Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:09 pm

The Assassing wrote:The thing that blows me away is that at the bottom of the page it says 'real tickets for real fans' If these people were real Fans they wouldn't try to con REAL Fans.

Just another "Gimmick" to entice the unsuspecting buyer, thats if this seller indeeds has tickets for sale! who's to say he has :?: :?: :?: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:56 pm

Just on this Subject and out of Curiosity, I went looking for tickets for this years Ian Anderson Tour, I remember Tony Mentioning about the Ipswich Gig which he decided was a no go as they were wanting about £40.00 a ticket at the time(Not sure which site that was on). Anyway, I was looking on the internet, and kept getting rerouted to either Viagogo or Get me in, I was looking for ticket prices for the Edinburgh gig, and I was absoloutley disgusted to see that they were wanting £76.00 a ticket.
Surely to god Someone or the Artist must do something about this, especially in cases like this where you are only given to 2 ticket outlets like this. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:58 pm

mwelljester wrote:Surely to god Someone or the Artist must do something about this,

Who should do something? And what should they do?

The bands are suffering too - as much from the negative publicity and guilt by association as anything else.

Should the artists handle their own ticket sales? Could you see Fish doing that? Where would the time come from?

So many services have been "contracted out" now, and everyone wants their share of the pie. Greed, I call it :x

Thu May 01, 2014 8:33 pm

Conan wrote:
mwelljester wrote:Surely to god Someone or the Artist must do something about this,

Who should do something? And what should they do?

The bands are suffering too - as much from the negative publicity and guilt by association as anything else.

Should the artists handle their own ticket sales? Could you see Fish doing that? Where would the time come from?

So many services have been "contracted out" now, and everyone wants their share of the pie. Greed, I call it :x

Maybe at least for starters , the Government should step in and shut down the Ticket outlets that are obviously holding the General Public to Ransom. Secondly the Government should put a Cap on the selling Price of a Ticket after the price has been negotiated with the Artist as well as a cap on Booking fees as well, think something along these lines would go to solving the problem, with a probable move towards a Hefty Fine or closure against said company's or individuals. :? :?
Next

Full Version