All kinds of stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else

Re: Listening to Music

Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:03 pm

mwelljester wrote:
Lauri wrote:I don't use headphones or ipods at all. I had cassette walkman and portable cd player back in the days but for some reason I don't like those modern gadgets. Most of my music listening takes place at work, where I listen to it from little speakers connected to my laptop. I have ripped the music to the computer from my own cd's. Not very good sound but better than nothing. When I do something in my garage I listen to my old cassettes from an old Blaupunkt cassette player. :) At home I have my stereo equipment in bedroom where it is nice to listen lying on my back. Here's a snapshot from the equipment: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7251/1319 ... bb03_o.jpg

8-) 8-) 8-)

I used to have that Sony Cassette deck, but it had twin tape . If my memory serves me right it had Dolby c & b noise reduction !!!? Happy days :-D

Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:07 pm

Andyboy67 wrote: If my memory serves me right it had Dolby c & b noise reduction !!!? Happy days :-D

Yes, your memory is ok. It has also AMS (automatic music search), MPX Filter and Auto Cal (calibrates the tape when recording). I have bought that about 1995.

By the way, I remembered the garage cassette player wrong, it is Telefunken, not Blaupunkt. :D

Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:21 pm

Andyboy67 wrote:
mwelljester wrote:
Lauri wrote:I don't use headphones or ipods at all. I had cassette walkman and portable cd player back in the days but for some reason I don't like those modern gadgets. Most of my music listening takes place at work, where I listen to it from little speakers connected to my laptop. I have ripped the music to the computer from my own cd's. Not very good sound but better than nothing. When I do something in my garage I listen to my old cassettes from an old Blaupunkt cassette player. :) At home I have my stereo equipment in bedroom where it is nice to listen lying on my back. Here's a snapshot from the equipment: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7251/1319 ... bb03_o.jpg

8-) 8-) 8-)

I used to have that Sony Cassette deck, but it had twin tape . If my memory serves me right it had Dolby c & b noise reduction !!!? Happy days :-D

I used to love doing mix-tapes and compilations, but it doesn't have quite the same romance anymore. Not when computers are involved.

Mon May 19, 2014 10:11 pm

Yeah, pressing "Shuffle" isn't quite the same :(

Mon May 19, 2014 10:21 pm

Most of my music comes out of my BlackBerry Z30.

I'm currently loading it up with most of my music collection as I just don't get the chance to listen to music at home. Kids and family seem to consistently make sure that I get told to turn it down regularly.

I'm hoping that some time when they're older I'll be able to go out and treat myself to a decent street system (if they still make them by then!).

In the mean time I have a crappy stereo in the car that doesn't play CDs properly so I have something similar to an iTrip - a Jabra Cruiser 2 (hugely recommended) which lets me connect the BlackBerry to the thing and transmits to the radio on FM.

At work I pop the ear buds in and hope that I get left alone :). Depending on my mood it's either the phone or Spotify.

But ultimately, you've got to "feel" the music. It needs to be loud and you near the hear the nuances.

I can't wait for that again :)

Full Version