All kinds of stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else

Maybe I should not have watched the news!

Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:28 pm

I should not have watched the news. Too many things to think about.

1. Heading for a third world war? Now let me see. Persecute a minority-tick. Hold propaganda Olympics-tick. Invade former territory-tick.

2. Hypocritical British government. Yes, RBS should not be paying there staff huge bonuses when 'we the people' get no pay rise. But who are the government to actually preach on that when they vote themselves well above inflation pay rises.

3. Ryan Giggs was shocked by David Moyes departure! Yes, obviously. From the guy that had a long affair with his sister-in-law. Always honest to the bone.

Re: Maybe I should not have watched the news!

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:36 am

There is an easy solution Chris - don't watch or listen to the news!

Too many bad things going on in the world. And as the old adage says - "no news is good news". So it seems to work for the reverse too, and good news is no news.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:55 pm

Conan wrote:There is an easy solution Chris - don't watch or listen to the news!

Too many bad things going on in the world. And as the old adage says - "no news is good news". So it seems to work for the reverse too, and good news is no news.

So true Conan. Normally I would just watch the news but for some reason last night I started discussing it with the telly!

I also posted it as I thought it might start a bit more 'intellectual debate' on here but perhaps I resign myself to failure.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:54 pm

Chris D wrote:
Conan wrote:There is an easy solution Chris - don't watch or listen to the news!

So true Conan. Normally I would just watch the news but for some reason last night I started discussing it with the telly!

I also posted it as I thought it might start a bit more 'intellectual debate' on here but perhaps I resign myself to failure.

I don't know about failure Chris. I'd consider this thread a slow-burner. Still trying to think of something worthwhile to add. - I'm all for raising the intellectual stakes. :)

......Now, what did I eat this evening?.....

Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:22 pm

arcademannequin wrote:
Chris D wrote:

I don't know about failure Chris. I'd consider this thread a slow-burner. Still trying to think of something worthwhile to add. - I'm all for raising the intellectual stakes. :)

......Now, what did I eat this evening?.....

If this is a slow burner we could have a problem......

1. We could all be speaking Russian.....

2. I will have gone bankrupt......

3. Ryan Giggs affair with Mrs Ferguson is exposed on the front page on The Sun...... ;)

Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:28 am

In among bankruptcy and Russian lessons I wonder how Scotland might fair if/when it becomes an independent country?

Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:37 am

After Scotland is removed from the U.K. and is pronounced independent, E.U. conservation rules will come into force to protect all Scottish insects, particularly the Highland Midge or Gnat. E.U. police will stand next to roadside Pipers with the power to impose heavy fines on anyone swatting a midge or telling a Piper to stuff his bagpipes up his ass.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:15 am

New E.U. Lake Monster regulations taking effect from referendum day 18th September may mean Loch Ness will have to be drained and the monster shortened by 2 metres to bring it in line with 22 other European Lake Monsters, a spokesperson from Brussels stated today.
Germans in particular like their monsters to be exactly 23 metres long and with the Independence Declaration imminent, Angele Merkel's approval of the Scottish monster will be essential. "The days of higgledy piggledy monsters are long past now, and just as our bananas have to be straight, our monsters must be uniform in length"

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:21 am

arcademannequin wrote:...
Germans in particular like their monsters to be exactly 23 metres long and with the Independence Declaration imminent, Angele Merkel's approval of the Scottish monster will be essential. "The days of higgledy piggledy monsters are long past now, and just as our bananas have to be straight, our monsters must be uniform in length"

I'm sure it wasn't Angelas* idea to straighten out the bananas! She was not in charge for rules likes this, at the time, when the rules have been established. ;) I think it was more the time when Gerhard* or Helmut* were in charge!

Angela - Angela Merkel
Gerhard - Gerhard Schröder
Helmut - Helmut Kohl
:D

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:27 am

Greg Dyson, whose factories make trillions of bagless vacuum hoovers has now patented bagless bagpipes. The bagpipes, which sound just as awful as traditional ones work on the "cyclone technology" which is used in their hoovers.
Alex Salmond, M.P. for Scotland has expressed interest. "We will need millions of sets of pipes when we are free, and innovative high tech bagpipes will help define the new country that I am planning in my manifesto. They will be free on the National Health."
Dyson added "We designed the bagpipes to run on carbon dioxide or unleaded petrol as the environment is of primary concern to our company. There is a control to increase or decrease the hideous screech they make so they can be turned down if there are complaints."
Next

Full Version