All kinds of stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else

TIME FLIES

Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:45 pm

it will be a year tomorrow since I've joined this forum(time flies :P ) and as the union is about to end and the new forum is about to begin,I thought it would be the perfect moment to say how great is this place :D .....always interesting to read from you fine people and I'm impressed by the musical culture you have :o !

It would be nice if I could meet some of you in a short time,maybe in Paris?.....I can see some of you are travelling a lot so why not ;)

meanwhile,the union is about to "die",long live the union!!! :-/ :thumb up:
8-)

Re: TIME FLIES

Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Thanks.

I'd also like to add this:

"Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like bananas."

Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:59 pm

I just hope that everyone on here transfers and embraces the new format . I didn't make 2 years on here but have loved every minute on here :D
I've met some wonderful people and made some great friendships since I joined and I've got to admit I'll miss this place :(
Thanks to everyone who has contributed.
Slainte :-/

Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:17 pm

It is indeed a tearful day :cry: I have met so many friends through our forum its been a pleasure sharing a drink and discussing all things Fishy and beyond with all of you. :D
Hoping all of us make the journey to the other side ;)
Live for The Company, Die for The Company.
Long Live The Company.
Best wishes and Health to Everyone on here c u soon ;)

Slainte!

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:04 pm

Time certainly does fly - have been on here since it started 9 years ago and have always found it a friendly place with some great people. In that time I've really enjoyed taking part in some of the discussions and have also made a few posts that some time later I've regretted or thought were a bit embarrassing but at no point did anyone tear me to pieces- so thanks all :D

Glad this place will be accessible as an archive, but am looking forward to the new forum and hope we have some years of cunning plans from Fish to discuss yet.

:-/

Jon

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:57 pm

I dare say I'll join the new Forum when I'm ready. - Sorry to everyone for not posting much lately. Despite losing wifi for a while, I also had a bad month and haven't felt much like posting. - I'll miss the look and feel of this place. Yeah, it might be old-fashioned, but so am I! - As for linking with Facebook and Twitter, i suppose it had to happen eventually, but personally I couldn't care less for being 'connected', and I doubt very much that greater synchronization between media is going to tempt fans to post on a forum.

I've loved my time here, and I've genuinely loved the people I've met along the way. Thanks all. X

Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:38 am

arcademannequin wrote:I dare say I'll join the new Forum when I'm ready. - Sorry to everyone for not posting much lately. Despite losing wifi for a while, I also had a bad month and haven't felt much like posting. - I'll miss the look and feel of this place. Yeah, it might be old-fashioned, but so am I! - As for linking with Facebook and Twitter, i suppose it had to happen eventually, but personally I couldn't care less for being 'connected', and I doubt very much that greater synchronization between media is going to tempt fans to post on a forum.

I've loved my time here, and I've genuinely loved the people I've met along the way. Thanks all. X

Hey Arcade, you've been missed lately but I hope that things will get better for you and if that means you not posting for a while so be it ;-)
I feel the same way as you and I will miss this forum muchly.
The fear of the unknown!

When I first joined in there was much banter going on and I will always remember how Conan you and TNN used to wind yourselves up. Remember your old Avatar ( the one with the loo roll ;-) ) (now newest members will wonder what I'm talking about :lol:

Anyways, Paul I hope that you'll be ok and that we'll see you on the other side soon!

Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:26 am

Well it's not all about Twitter and Facebook, arcade, just making it easier for people for people to use it.

A prime example is how difficult it is here to post a YouTube video.

But I digress.

We'll keep a seat warm for you, and a pint and some choccy frogs on stand by :)

It certainly won't be the same without our favourite arcade posting once in a while. :)

Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:17 pm

JohnSReid wrote:Well it's not all about Twitter and Facebook, arcade, just making it easier for people for people to use it.

Hmmmm.... well, for some people maybe - but not for me! Maybe I'm a pipe and slipper guy like Paul, but I'm totally like a rabbit in the headlights with the new format. My fault, I realise - but I do not use FB and have never used Twitter, so the imagery and style is very alien to me... :(

Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:37 pm

Conan wrote:My fault, I realise - but I do not use FB and have never used Twitter

Me neither, so it's sad to me to hear that the forum will be closed. One last round! Thank you guys for the fun I had here!
Next

Full Version