This is where you vote for your Fish-related likes and dislikes

What is your favourite Fish-era Marillion album?

Clutching At Straws
40%
Misplaced Childhood
29%
Fugazi
17%
Script For A Jester's Tear
14%

Total votes : 120

Fish-era Marillion albums

Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:52 pm

Vote for your favourite, you have 1 vote and you may change it at any time.

Re: Fish-era Marillion albums

Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:56 pm

only one vote.. can I not have 5 like on the other polls?? :P

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:36 am

Well, I'm glad someone else voted for MC!

Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:47 am

MaxPower wrote:Well, I'm glad someone else voted for MC!

'Misplaced Childhood' was good, but 'Clutching At Straws' was sublime. i can't put my finger on what it was exactly, but it definitely had something that put it into the realms of 'an awesome piece of work'

Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:50 pm

"Script" for me - just sublime from start to finish. Every song great live too. Loved this album from the very first minute.

Fugazi has some great tracks - Incubus & Fugazi are right up there with my very favourite songs, but album has a few weak moments
MC - again some great music but remember being a bit disappointed when it came out
CAS - strong throughout - no weak bits but not quite as "raw" as Script.

Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:43 am

I grow up with these albums and I love them all but Misplaced Childhood is the most solid Marillion's work for all time. No single weak bits from start to finish...

Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:09 am

In terms of Fish's Lyrics CAS was impossible to be repeated. Perhaps it was the drugs at that time, but that album had all those rich, powerful images, a world of its own. It was a labyrinth of emotions and the music was like a waterslide that led you straight to the essence of sentiments. A fragmented self that was whole just after "the last straw's" desparate exodus. I was seventeen back then, must have heard this album thousands of times. Brilliant!

Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:39 pm

Not sure I could ever be as erudite as koutman, but I agree with what he says! :)

Only one weak point for me on CAS, and that's White Russian. Can't put my finger on quite why I like it least, and even then its not the whole track! The "chasing the clouds home" section is great..It's not even that its a crap track, it just suffers in such excellent company!

Stand out tracks for me are WWC/TTOTN and Slainthe mhath. OK, not very original I admit - but the lyrics to WWC are simply stunning. Not TOO complex in terms of subject, but the metre and cleverness are amazing. Too me, their best ever work. 8-)

Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:19 am

duke wrote:I grow up with these albums and I love them all but Misplaced Childhood is the most solid Marillion's work for all time. No single weak bits from start to finish...

I can't decide lol. It's between Script and CAS.
Personally I think Misplaced Childhood does have weak bits. But, that's my personal choice! I don't always like some of the lyrics and meandering of 'Bitter Suite' e.g. 'a train sleep in a siding, the driver guzzles another can of lager..' .That's not to say some of the song is great. Parts of Misplaced Childhood also jump, stutter and grind for me. Again, there are many moments of splendour.

Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:34 am

I would easily pick Script For A Jester's Tear. Amazing album, i can't get over how good it is ^^
Next

Full Version