This is where you vote for your Fish-related likes and dislikes

Polls

Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:49 pm

Please note that polls which have been voted in don't show up as "Unread" because the date doesn't change unless someone adds a reply :evil:

We're working on it...

Re: Polls

Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:52 pm

Rainbow wrote:Please note that polls which have been voted in don't show up as "Unread" because the date doesn't change unless someone adds a reply :evil:

We're working on it...

Is this necessarily a bad thing? I think that it's fine working that way. It makes much more sense as one could dip in and view the polls at any time. But going there to see if there's a new post vs. someone submitting a poll result can get quite annoying.

What does everyone else think?

Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:59 pm

I'm with John on this one :)

Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:12 pm

As the poll forumis a main title on the fornt page of the forum I don;t see that its a problem,, certainly they can be found easily enough for people to "dip" into..

not sure I like the idea of being able to change your vote though.. woudl have been better like in the old forum, 1 chance to vote ( and I think comment)... but then people may wish to debate their choices so the comment facility can stimulate interest in each poll..

anyway looks like i have kind of broken the duck - ( as a serious exercise - found some problems with certain browser on the poll page....as well as other features...)

Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:20 pm

docbob42 wrote:not sure I like the idea of being able to change your vote though.. woudl have been better like in the old forum, 1 chance to vote ( and I think comment)... but then people may wish to debate their choices so the comment facility can stimulate interest in each poll.

I did that mainly so that new ones could be added without having to completely restart the poll.
anyway looks like i have kind of broken the duck - ( as a serious exercise - found some problems with certain browser on the poll page....as well as other features...)

You should let people know (in 'Feedback, Q&A, general forum stuff') because it will certainly be helpful to others and they might think the forum is broken :cry: when it isn't :cheesy_grin:

Full Version