This is where you vote for your Fish-related likes and dislikes

What are your favourite Fish cover versions and collaborations?

Angel Face
2%
Another Murder Of A Day
5%
Apeman
1%
Boston Tea Party
11%
Caledonia
6%
Faith Healer
15%
Fearless
5%
Five Years
8%
Flower of Scotland
4%
Hold Your Head Up
5%
I Know What I Like
5%
Jeepster
1%
Question
5%
Roadhouse Blues
2%
Scotland by our Side
No votes
Shortcut to Somewhere
5%
Solo
10%
Something In The Air
5%
The Seeker
3%
Time and a Word
3%

Total votes : 130

Re: Fish tracks - cover versions and collaborations

Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Faithhealer is the dog's doodahs! - A great song. - Love the live version on the 13th star dvd where Fish lays on the 'healing hands'. - This is why the big guy's such a brilliant rock frontman. Warm, humourous conversation, interspersed with being god-damn intimidating!

Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:30 am

I have only heard a couple of these covers, I need to work on that!

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:08 am

I love his version of Hold Your Head Up, play loud!!! :D

Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:39 pm

It's only just occurred to me that I haven't heard half of these songs! :oops: - Thought my Fishy collection was pretty fleshed out, but apparently not! :o - What on earth is Angel Face? :?

Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:43 pm

arcademannequin wrote:It's only just occurred to me that I haven't heard half of these songs! :oops: - Thought my Fishy collection was pretty fleshed out, but apparently not! :o - What on earth is Angel Face? :?

It appears on Tony Banks' album "Still". Fish also features in a great track (which I believe he penned the lyric for) called "Another Murder of a Day". Other guest vocallists include Jayney Klimek and Nik Kershaw.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:58 pm

What about the "Ayreon" - Into The Electric Castle , Collaboration he recorded guest vocal on ?

1.Isis And Osiris
2.The Decision Tree
3.Tunnel Of Light

Would recommend to anyone, well worth checking out.

Love the version he did on Songs Of The Mirror of "Fearless" also, one of my favourite Floyd songs :D

Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:02 pm

JohnSReid wrote:Hmm, I'm the only person to vote for 'Another Murder of a Day'.

Ho hum.

I voted for it too :) Love Calendonia & Something in the Air - totally different versions of the originals and just as good in different ways

Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:05 pm

Lady41 wrote:Love Calendonia & Something in the Air - totally different versions of the originals and just as good in different ways

Have always liked 'Something in the Air' for the reasons mentioned

Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:55 pm

Andyboy67 wrote:What about the "Ayreon" - Into The Electric Castle , Collaboration he recorded guest vocal on ?

1.Isis And Osiris
2.The Decision Tree
3.Tunnel Of Light

Love the version he did on Songs Of The Mirror of "Fearless" also, one of my favourite Floyd songs :D

Actually, as much as I love Pink Floyd, I prefer Fish's version of Fearless. It's more 'meaty'. :D

Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:32 am

arcademannequin wrote:
Andyboy67 wrote:What about the "Ayreon" - Into The Electric Castle , Collaboration he recorded guest vocal on ?

1.Isis And Osiris
2.The Decision Tree
3.Tunnel Of Light

Actually, as much as I love Pink Floyd, I prefer Fish's version of Fearless. It's more 'meaty'. :D

Agreed Paul, i have just changed one of my votes, i originally voted for Apeman, now i have changed that to "Fearless" after many listens to the "Sushi" album :)
Next

Full Version