Please read the rules and check for updates

Exciting Forum News!

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:46 am

We're doing it! This week The Union is moving house!

There are a few more things that need to be done before everything is ready but we're planning on opening the doors to the new forum tomorrow.

I'm going to keep this brief and to the basics:

When is this happening?
This weekend. New registrations for this site are now disabled. Tomorrow (Friday) the link for the new forum will be posted here so you can sign up to the new forum. It will be posted officially on Fish's Facebook and Twitter networks next week giving everyone a chance to pick their preferred usernames.

Will everything posted here move across the the new site?
No - it was way too difficult and ultimately it wasn't worthwhile.

What will happen to this forum?
This forum is going to be kept here as an archive. You won't be able to post on it anymore though. On Saturday we'll be turning off the ability to post new topics.

Why is this happening?
A number of reasons:
The software we use to run the forum was great when we set it up but has dated badly.
It doesn't work well with current social media sites.
It doesn't focus on the discussion as well as it should.
It's not as easy to use as it could be.
... and more

The new site has a new lick of paint and a totally new way of engaging with each other. It's completely focused on the discussion rather a traditional forum. Posting is a million times easier and we hope that you'll have a lot more fun taking part.

We want you to be a part of the genesis of this, make new members feel welcome, bring in other Fish and Marillion fans that frequent sites and show them what they are missing out on too!

There are undoubetly going to be technical issues early and we'll try and address those as they happen. We're also going to try and link the new forum to Fish's blog posts mroe and get some more engagement from him (don't tell him - he doesn't know yet ;) ).

It's a brave new world - so I hope that you'll join us on making this new site a success.

Feel free to ask any questions below and we'll answer them as best as we can.

All the best

- The Union Team

Re: Exciting Forum News!

Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:05 am

You can register / sign in to the new Union forum here:

http://forum.fishheads.club

Some bits are still being changed around so bear with us.

Any questions, post it in the 'meta' category.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:46 am

Well, I've managed to sweet-talk our IT guys into updating my version of IE, so now I can enter the new site!!

Crikey it's different! I feel like a Fish out of water.... (pun fully intended!). Very unsettling as I am a bear of very little brain when it comes to IT :oops: But I will perservere and try my best! :)

Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:52 am

If you can convince your IT guys to update Internet Explorer then ANYTHING is possible!

Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:39 am

Tried to register but I'm not getting my confirmation email ?

Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:17 am

Moston wrote:Tried to register but I'm not getting my confirmation email ?

Check your spam email.

Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:59 am

Done that - nowt :(

Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:03 am

Moston wrote:Done that - nowt :(

I've approved your account Mosty.

You are trustworty, aren't you?

Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:21 am

OOoooooooh I've been approved!!!!

Re 'trustworthy' you'l lhave to ask my probation officer - I've been told to just say 'no comment'.

Anyway...I've been onto the website of my e-mail provider and they have cleverly filtered out no end of emails for me without notifying me - they don't appear in my SPAM folder - unless I visit the website.

Email un-spammed.

Thank you - false alarm!

Simon x

Full Version