Gigs & conventions, meets & greets, set lists, show photos & reviews

Re: Newcastle Cluny gig...

Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:08 am

garyashton wrote:I couldn't make it to the show as my Mum is not too good at the moment but will see you hopefully at Haddington!;)

Sorry to hear that Gary. Hope she gets better soon mate.

Just as well I didn't go over and say "Hi Gary" to the bloke standing at the front..... I was sure it was you!! :shock: :D

Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:21 am

Great review, thanks!

Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:29 am

Spot on Conman. well summarised
A full set even unfamiliar material took on a memorable tone. Gentleman’s excuse me was wonderfully set up and the emotion carried on to the performance, for me unforgettable. :cry:
Great venue… but the Cluny always is. A consummate performer I would love to see Fish again before Christmas but if not this gig will stay with me for a long time. The big man rocked magnificently

Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:30 am

Conan wrote:
garyashton wrote:I couldn't make it to the show as my Mum is not too good at the moment but will see you hopefully at Haddington!;)

Just as well I didn't go over and say "Hi Gary" to the bloke standing at the front..... I was sure it was you!! :shock: :D

Definently not me Geoff although I do like to be at the front !, thanks for the best wishes.

Gary

;)

Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:55 am

nice to hear that fish is on top form :P ,i am going to the glasgow gig really looking forward to the show .
i will be bring a long a few friends who have never been to a fish gig before. your review of the newcastle gig
was great thanks . i would love to hear a stripped down version of 3d played how great would that be :D

Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:33 am

Conan wrote: following a few luke-warm revues of some other gigs/venues I was somewhat apprehensive...

Thanks for a nice write up Geoff, I can't recall any gigs having luke warm reviews though, a few complaints about inconsiderate people in the audience but that's about it isn't it?

Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:36 am

Conan wrote:

That was Mike from Penrith! Top evening it was, shame it is the only gig I can make on the tour.

Craig

Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:39 am

tosh wrote:
Conan wrote: following a few luke-warm revues of some other gigs/venues I was somewhat apprehensive...

Thanks for a nice write up Geoff, I can't recall any gigs having luke warm reviews though, a few complaints about inconsiderate people in the audience but that's about it isn't it?

Yeah, that was about it Tosh... and maybe a few comments about tickets and things. Sadly, the inconsiderate punters have clearly spoilt the experience for a number of people, if comments made on here are anything to go by. However, it is often the case that satisfied customers keep quiet while the disgruntled voice their opinions! :x

Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:41 am

charlez wrote:Spot on Conman.

Conman? :shock: :lol:

Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:29 pm

gazza64 wrote:There is sometimes a danger of being over excited and having too much anticipation before a gig. Well, that might be the case with some other acts, but, in my experience with the big mans shows I always come away lifted, satisfied and begging for more. The consummate professional with a personal touch. who never fails to deliver

I've met several other performers in the past and i have to admit to coming away from them with huge disappointment. It's either their ego, the way they speak to you, the lack of time for you. Get away from me you peasant etc etc.

Fish still remains a performer i am totally Star Struck by everytime and that magic shows no sign of ever going away. :oops:
Next

Full Version