Rainbow wrote:
Conan wrote:
charlez wrote:Spot on Conman.

Conman? :shock: :lol:

Typo of the month, anyone? :haha:

I agree. :lol:

Re: Newcastle Cluny gig...

Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Nice one Conan, glad you liked Gentlemens excuse me- one of my favourites!, week tomorrow, my turn, at last!

Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:00 pm

Just back from a week in Devon
First post I read was Conan's review.
So when are you starting work at Q magazine ! They need a talented reviewer !
Sounds like a great gig and seems that Fish is getting very comfortable with the format.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:16 pm

Rainbow wrote:
Conan wrote:
charlez wrote:Spot on Conman.

Conman? :shock: :lol:

Typo of the month, anyone? :haha:

No......obviously just knows him better than us..... :lol: ;)

Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Teddynonose wrote:Sounds like a great gig and seems that Fish is getting very comfortable with the format.

Fish told us that he is definitely happy with the format! Loving it! In fact, it sounds like the writing and recording of the new album may well be put back for a while as a result. :shock:

This is good news and bad news I guess. Bad news because we will have to wait longer for a collection of new material and the resulting full-band electric tour. Good news because if he extends the current acoustic tour (as it sounds like he would like to) then more of us will get the opportunity to see him in a small, intimate venue near to home. Or for some of us, another chance to see him under such circumstances! ;)

He seems to feel that he is just not ready yet to put his full heart and soul into a new album, and that a full-on electric tour would be too much as well. Events of the last year must have left his heid fu' o' chocolate frogs (again) and the current tour, with its short spells on the road interspersed with time at home, is clearly allowing him to get his head together and think about priorities in the medium to longer term.

I think he deserves this thinking time don't you? :thumb up: When he's ready, we all know that he will produce another great album in his own style - which is obviously something to look forward too! :) But he is such a professional that he wouldn't rush into something until he is happy that he could do it justice. Another reason why being a Fish fan is such a satisfying existence! 8-)

This is all my opinion of course! I have not become his official biographer overnight! :shock: :lol:

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:07 pm

Well Said Conan :D

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:11 pm

well put Geoff, I also think he is happy with the way things are going , he said at Great Harwood that the tour could run and run and he loves the format....you could tell between Hykeham and Harwood that the voice was getting stronger but I am not sure if it is strong enough yet to have the full band behind it.....personally I am more than happy to 'dip' in and out of these gigs....smaller audiences, a good sing-along to a great set list....who could ask for more !!

:)

Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:09 pm

Well it's 24 hours later and I am still buzzing!!! What a truly fantastic experience! To hear 'Gentlemans excuse me' live and performed so brilliantly just blew me' away!

I am just gushing to everyone I meet about how much I enjoyed myself it's almost embarrassing :) But I was so looking forward to the gig and it really lived up to all my expectations! Thank you so much Fish!

My other half took some amazing photos (we were stood on the balcony next to the stage) and I will add them later

Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:35 pm

charlez wrote:I would love to see Fish again before Christmas but if not this gig will stay with me for a long time. The big man rocked magnificently

Even if he doesn't return to the cluny in the next four months, get yasell up to Haddington at the end of October for the "mini-convention" and St. Mary's gig mate! :D :thumb up: You know it makes sense! 8-)
Next

Full Version