Gigs & conventions, meets & greets, set lists, show photos & reviews

FISH AT THE 02 ARENA-LONDON:18th NOV 2013

Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:44 pm

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/mott-the-hoople-confirm-london-support/
8-)

Re: FISH AT THE 02 ARENA-LONDON:18th NOV 2013

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Shouldn't they be supporting Fish?! ;) :)

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:10 pm

arcademannequin wrote:Shouldn't they be supporting Fish?! ;) :)

probably ;)
it's funny because in the first place,it should have been Marillion who was supposed to play at the 02 on the 18th of november...but they have to cancell their participation for some money reason I think :?
8-)

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:44 pm

If Fish gets 30-40 mins he should just play the whole 'High Wood' suite- that would start the evening off interestingly ;)

Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:08 pm

oldcrow wrote:If Fish gets 30-40 mins he should just play the whole 'High Wood' suite- that would start the evening off interestingly ;)

Would certainly go down well. - Not to mention probably steal the show. ;)

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:14 pm

brother 95 wrote:
arcademannequin wrote:Shouldn't they be supporting Fish?! ;) :)

probably ;)
it's funny because in the first place,it should have been Marillion who was supposed to play at the 02 on the 18th of november...but they have to cancell their participation for some money reason I think :?
8-)

Bit late to the party for this one, but Mott are one of the most influential bands of the 70's, the first band to sell out a week of Broadway gigs, last time they gigged sold out 3 nights at the Hammersmith Apollo in a matter of days iirc and 2 more nights were added which also sold out,they have influenced Def Leppard, David Bowie, Oasis, the Clash, Blur, the Sex Pistols, REM, Queen, Kiss, Poison, Twisted Sister amongst many others. All their shows this time round are to 5000 capacity plus places iirc - so I think it's fair so say that Fish should be the support :p - and I'm sure he's very happy to be supporting some legends, iirc he's a bit of a fan too.

I think Marillion's reasoning may be less to do with the money and more to do with the addition of another band in Thunder.

I would seriously recommend anyone go and see Mott if they get the chance, I saw 3 of the Hammersmith shows in 2009 and they were probably the best live band I have ever seen - real rock and roll stars, Fish is the icing on the cake I wish I could go to the London show.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:48 am

....Saw them on a docu a few months back, about British rock bands that conquered America. - Great band. Didn't realise they were still going though. :?

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:27 am

Depends how you define still going, they're not an ongoing affair and have only played 6 gigs since 1974, I think a lot of this is being done to raise funds for their ex-drummer who has Alzheimers and can't play with them anymore. They are one of those bands who were hugely influential and it's only now many people are realising that hey helped shape music t that time being a massive influence on the early punk bands, and they even had Morrissey in their fanclub. They realy are worth seeing as a slice of history and a brilliant rock and roll band.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:23 pm

Fish getting just 30 mins on stage - as he says he has done encores longer than that! :lol:

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:45 pm

I think Fish is third on the bill so he will probably be playing about 30 or 40 minutes to a half full O2, most of whom will know very little about him other than Kayleigh.
A huge difference after playing gigs like Leamington and the Peel !!!!

As it will be a non Fish audience he is more likely to play more accessible songs from his recent set.
I would guess that he does:
3 from the following: Feast, All Loved up, Blind to the Beautiful and Perfume River,
and maybe the Medley ?

To be honest I dont know too much about Mott the Hoople other than they had a huge influence on a lot of the early 70s glam rock bands like Queen, Sweet and Bowie and later Def Leppard and also and their well known singles - All the way to Memphis, Honaloochie Boogie, All the Young Dudes and Roll Away the Stone.

Thunder used to be a brilliant live band.
So maybe quite a good night out !

*** Just checked. There are tickets available in Tier 1 at £52.75
Next

Full Version