Gigs & conventions, meets & greets, set lists, show photos & reviews

Re: FISH AT THE 02 ARENA-LONDON:18th NOV 2013

Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:45 am

Teddynonose wrote:I think Fish is third on the bill so he will probably be playing about 30 or 40 minutes to a half full O2, most of whom will know very little about him other than Kayleigh.
A huge difference after playing gigs like Leamington and the Peel !!!!

As it will be a non Fish audience he is more likely to play more accessible songs from his recent set.
I would guess that he does:
3 from the following: Feast, All Loved up, Blind to the Beautiful and Perfume River,
and maybe the Medley ?

To be honest I dont know too much about Mott the Hoople other than they had a huge influence on a lot of the early 70s glam rock bands like Queen, Sweet and Bowie and later Def Leppard and also and their well known singles - All the way to Memphis, Honaloochie Boogie, All the Young Dudes and Roll Away the Stone.

Thunder used to be a brilliant live band.
So maybe quite a good night out !

*** Just checked. There are tickets available in Tier 1 at £52.75

I always used to think that 'All The Young Dudes' was actually Bowie! - Sounds so similar.

.....You getting tickets then Andy? :?

Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:56 am

arcademannequin wrote:
Teddynonose wrote:I think Fish is third on the bill so he will probably be playing about 30 or 40 minutes to a half full O2, most of whom will know very little about him other than Kayleigh.
A huge difference after playing gigs like Leamington and the Peel !!!!

As it will be a non Fish audience he is more likely to play more accessible songs from his recent set.
3 from the following: Feast, All Loved up, Blind to the Beautiful and Perfume River,
and maybe the Medley ?

To be honest I dont know too much about Mott the Hoople other than they had a huge influence on a lot of the early 70s glam rock bands like Queen, Sweet and Bowie and later Def Leppard and also and their well known singles - All the way to Memphis, Honaloochie Boogie, All the Young Dudes and Roll Away the Stone.

Thunder used to be a brilliant live band.
So maybe quite a good night out !

*** Just checked. There are tickets available in Tier 1 at £52.75

I always used to think that 'All The Young Dudes' was actually Bowie! - Sounds so similar.

.....You getting tickets then Andy? :?

I must admit that I was very tempted when I was looking at it last night, however I have learnt from experience that seeing some of my favourite artists doing support slots is usually disappointing, especially at the very large venues. Also getting to and from the O2 would be a pain on a Monday night.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:34 am

Did anyone go last night ?
If anyone knows the set list, it would be great to see what he decided to include as it was limited time .

Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:53 am

Feast, medley Blind, also, Jimmy Page was there, got a message from my son that he met him and shook his hand, there will be no living with him now !!!

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:10 am

Sandy Fearfull wrote:Feast, medley Blind, also, Jimmy Page was there, got a message from my son that he met him and shook his hand, there will be no living with him now !!!

I bet he's on cloud 9 after his appearance at Leamington also ;-)

Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:33 pm

Sandy Fearfull wrote:Feast, medley Blind, also, Jimmy Page was there, got a message from my son that he met him and shook his hand, there will be no living with him now !!!

I wonder how Fish's material went down with non-Fish fans? :? I'd be very interested to hear. Think that was a pretty wise selection of tracks.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:42 pm

arcademannequin wrote:

I wonder how Fish's material went down with non-Fish fans? :? I'd be very interested to hear. Think that was a pretty wise selection of tracks.

Fish Tweeted last night - Got a result from incoming crowd, Did what it say's on my tin :-) delivered to what we had, earned respect I think, Fab night .

So the big man seems happy 8-)

Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:06 am

Teddynonose wrote:As it will be a non Fish audience he is more likely to play more accessible songs from his recent set.
and maybe the Medley ?

DO I get a prize for guessing the set list?!!!
John Reid texted me from the O2 to say that the sound for Fish was very good

We are all very envious of Angus :)

Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:15 am

the setlist:

1.Feast of Consequences
2.Assassing
3.Credo
4.Tongues
5.Assassing
6.Fugazi
(end section)
7.White Feather
8.View from the Hill
9.Blind to the Beautiful

8-)

Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:19 am

brother 95 wrote:the setlist:

1.Feast of Consequences
2.Assassing
3.Credo
4.Tongues
5.Assassing
6.Fugazi
(end section)
7.White Feather
8.View from the Hill
9.Blind to the Beautiful

8-)

It would be interesting if Fish played all those in the Medley.
He was changing the Medley throughout the tours this year.
Next

Full Version