Gigs & conventions, meets & greets, set lists, show photos & reviews

Songs for the 2014 Tour

Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:05 pm

Fish talking on FB about a new setlist- what should come in? Am guessing most of the non-'Feast ' songs are possibles for resting, including the medley.......

Re: Songs for the 2014 Tour

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:01 pm

Would love to hear Shadowplay and vigil for 2. Always always love Fugazi

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:15 pm

Would always welcome Vigil back into the setlist. - Think it's possibly still my favourite solo track.

Other than that, I'd love to see some B'sides Themselves material given an airing, starting with Cinderella Search, Lady Nina and Tux On. :D

Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:06 am

arcademannequin wrote:Would always welcome Vigil back into the setlist. - Think it's possibly still my favourite solo track.

Other than that, I'd love to see some B'sides Themselves material given an airing, starting with Cinderella Search, Lady Nina and Tux On. :D

A couple of good ones there. Don`t think I have seen Fish playing Lady Nina in over 20 years. I`d like to hear Dear Friend, Favourite Stranger, Mr Buttons, The Rookie, The Last Straw. A full on Vigil with a walk through the crowd is always good.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:18 am

Fish stated on FB that it is a strong Possibility that the full Highwood suite will be played :D

Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:53 am

It would be a travesty not to !

Been thinking about this overnight and there are so many gems that I would love to hear but the gigs would end up being about 4 hours long. Have been playing some of my singles since finding them again the other day adn Poets Moon is a really cracking number, deserved more than a B side IMHO

In terms of Marillion stuff I was about to post about the Bsides themselves stuff - Tux on would be wonderful, Cinderella search has a special place in my heart. Grendel of course but that won't happen. Forgotten sons, the web and assasing I would love to hear again. Gig doesn't seem complete to me without garden party and market square heroes. TBH as I havent beenn to a gig for a while I don't know what the last set list was so I'm just shouting out songs here :lol:

Solo stuff, again its hard to choose: state of mind, shadowplay, lucky, credo, cliche in addition to my post above from the earlier stuff. Love the ballads like raw meat and scattering crows.

So in summary a set list comprising of everything he has ever recorded would be just about smashing

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:57 am

Actually, just thinking about it, all the gigs I have been to in recent years and I have never once seen him perform Kayleigh! - Who'd have thought that this would become something of a live rarity?! - It would be nice to see him embrace the issue of singing it, rather than skirt around his most commercial hit. - At least it would shut my other half up. ;)

And for me.......WARM WET CIRCLES!! :D

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:22 am

No really? ;) :lol:

He always used to do Kaleigh when I saw him on the Vigil, exile and Suits /mirrror tours - usually a Kaleigh /lavendar/blueangel/windswept thumb/heart of lothian suite and often as an encore

Torch song never seen live and I chuffing love that

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:39 am

Oh and BTW when was the last time that 'Field' was performed live

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:42 am

sussexsaint wrote:Oh and BTW when was the last time that 'Field' was performed live

The last gig I was at! :D - Seems to do it quite a lot now because it fits in with all the High Wood stuff, thematically.

Seem to remember him doing Torch Song during one of the acoustic sets at the Convention. Excellent. :)
Next

Full Version