For all of the musicians on the board

Arc of the curve & ghost of Lady Nina??

Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:54 pm

Is it just me?

At the 2:10 mark of Arc of the curve, Fish sings "you blew away my shadows you kissed the tears from my eyes"

For whatever reason, the melody of that part, along with the mood and the backing vocals reminds me of Lady Nina...

Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:46 pm

frenchfish wrote:Is it just me?

At the 2:10 mark of Arc of the curve, Fish sings "you blew away my shadows you kissed the tears from my eyes"

For whatever reason, the melody of that part, along with the mood and the backing vocals reminds me of Lady Nina...

Hmmm, now that you come to mention it you could be right. Indeed, you are correct, it is just you! ;D

Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:09 am

That's harsh Beowulf! Have to say that I think The poisson has a point. As Lady Nina is about my favourite Marillion track, maybe that explains why I like Arc so much as well? Similar rhythmic and melodic patterns?

While on that subject, I just want to say that I think Arc of the Curve is one of Fish's best ever solo tracks. I hesitate to use the term "perfect pop song" as I HATE it, but this one is about as close as its possible to get IMO in this particular musical genre. Some beautiful guitar and keyboard work, fantastic vocals and backing vocals and a lovely rhythm track (speaking as a bass player!). Also, that lilting piano part at the end reminds me of something too.... that's gonna annoy me all day now! ;)

Great stuff.
Last edited by Conan on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:23 pm

frenchfish wrote:Is it just me?

And Edith Piaf sings a lullaby for the night....

You know it makes sense!

Full Version