For all of the musicians on the board

techy question

Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:12 pm

Anyone know what vocal microphone was used for recording 13th Star, its about one of the most natural sounding vocals i have heard.

techy question

Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:49 pm

iscreamgenius wrote:Anyone know what vocal microphone was used for recording 13th Star, its about one of the most natural sounding vocals i have heard.


It reminds me of the tone and feel of Roger Water's vocal sound on 'The Final Cut' - was it the analogue mixing desk perhaps rather than the mic?

techy question

Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:27 pm

Beowulf wrote:
iscreamgenius wrote:Anyone know what vocal microphone was used for recording 13th Star, its about one of the most natural sounding vocals i have heard.


It reminds me of the tone and feel of Roger Water's vocal sound on 'The Final Cut' - was it the analogue mixing desk perhaps rather than the mic?
indeed, Final Cut is a very intimate vocal, I know Rog is quite the man for experimenting with new technology, a mate produced the very 80's Radio Kaos, and Roger wanted it to sound as it did :o which is kudos to Ian for doing what he wanted, lets face it if the Lord Rog tells you to JUMP, well you jump, as high as you can.
my guess would be a Neuman, something high end.

techy question

Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:52 am

iscreamgenius wrote:
Beowulf wrote:
It reminds me of the tone and feel of Roger Water's vocal sound on 'The Final Cut' - was it the analogue mixing desk perhaps rather than the mic?
indeed, Final Cut is a very intimate vocal, I know Rog is quite the man for experimenting with new technology, a mate produced the very 80's Radio Kaos, and Roger wanted it to sound as it did :o which is kudos to Ian for doing what he wanted, lets face it if the Lord Rog tells you to JUMP, well you jump, as high as you can.
my guess would be a Neuman, something high end.


Really? I heard Radio Kaos in the late 8o's..are you for real Beowulf? Seriously..we really don't know much about one anothwr..however..you are imptressive..please don;t let that get to your head... :)

techy question

Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:54 am

ok.. i fess ui have had a 1/5 of what i ythought was cabarnet savignon...(sp.) However it wa reallyy shiraz... what is actually the difference..cuz i cannot tell...but it is good ;D

techy question

Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:56 am

...said talk to me...tell me your story...well i am trying in increments.. ??? Why so sad tonight...why so complicating..don;t you know i listened?

techy question

Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:00 am

i landed this high techy job today and for real...but i am not pleased with rate of pay during this recession in usa...am i a heel for feeling? no... i think not but some would love to make you feel like you need to bend over cuz' here it comes again but mayber for thwem but not for me...i will get what i am worth,,,in a month when i have proved my capabilities and made thge company money..ok? ???

techy question

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:40 pm

Mobius Girl wrote:i landed this high techy job today and for real...but i am not pleased with rate of pay during this recession in usa...am i a heel for feeling? no... i think not but some would love to make you feel like you need to bend over cuz' here it comes again but mayber for thwem but not for me...i will get what i am worth,,,in a month when i have proved my capabilities and made thge company money..ok? ???


grate to hear you landed a job :'( :-/

techy question

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:53 pm

dafyid wrote:
Mobius Girl wrote:i landed this high techy job today and for real...but i am not pleased with rate of pay during this recession in usa...am i a heel for feeling? no... i think not but some would love to make you feel like you need to bend over cuz' here it comes again but mayber for thwem but not for me...i will get what i am worth,,,in a month when i have proved my capabilities and made thge company money..ok? ???


grate to hear you landed a job :'( :-/
It's also great that she makes more sense than me when pissed ;)

techy question

Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:40 am

iscreamgenius wrote:
dafyid wrote:
grate to hear you landed a job :'( :-/
It's also great that she makes more sense than me when pissed ;)


I second that,
Next

Full Version