For all of the musicians on the board

Past-Present Equipment/Instruments/Etc. Used...

Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:02 am

I'm sure this question has already been asked before :P...Particularly for 13th Star what was used in recording, is being presently used on-stage for equipment, instruments such as brands used, and the like? I know this may be a bit broad of a question, and yet I want to know every minuscule piece of the pie that went into making such a brilliant album, makes the performances fantastic including the lighting stuff, Etc. ;D

Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:21 am

As far as i know:

Mr Steve V: Spector and i think Warwick basses
Chris J: American Tele and Stratocaster (possibly EMG pick ups?)
Frank Usher: Well Frank Usher guitars! Fender Delux amp?

Ed

Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:17 am

Hiyah Poster Boy :o :-*:D ;D :-/ ;)
Couldn't resist that one, Ed, after I just realized you have posted over 1,000 posts. wOW :o

Thanks for the feedback, Ed. Lol, Frank Usher guitars are a deffo given what Frank Usher uses. That was a good one though to throw in for me to have a laugh, but also good to throw in there for others know too 8-)!!!

I know you are into knowing your stuff when it comes to this subject, and appreciate more feedback on this later when you have done your research more. I will be trying to also research too, but like you it is so hard to be in so many places all at the same time :-[

:-/

Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:15 pm

You can find out a bit about the current stage equipment by looking at the gig photos. You can't see a great deal but you can tell - for example - that Foss is using Roland keyboards!

Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:53 am

You can find out a bit about the current stage equipment by looking at the gig photos. You can't see a great deal but you can tell - for example - that Foss is using Roland keyboards!

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2546816260043932270dOgyGw

Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:54 pm

Frank usher seems to use Guitar Rig in the making of DVD. I use guitar rig too.. its one awesome piece of software :o

Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:50 pm

Thank gawd for cut and paste, wow, thanks for all this feedback and llinks, guys, this is great!!! :D

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2546816260043932270dOgyGw

Frank usher seems to use Guitar Rig in the making of DVD. I use guitar rig too.. its one awesome piece of software :o

Yes the DVD, should reveal a lot, and I will be sure to pay close attention when I receive and watch the 13th Star In the Making DVD that comes as a bonus only with the limited ordering for this very special edition package ;D I am unfamiliar with this guitar rig software you mentioned that Frank seems to use, and that you most deffo use. I will have to check this out, as I am ordering a Luna soon, and eventually a Fender Strat after that, and when I am ready, then it will be a Frank Usher Guitar :'(

Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:30 pm

Guitar rig is great, it is software so it is digital and 'emulates' guitar effects and amp sounds but it still can get you an infinate range of tones..
Its made by Native Instruments who also make loads of plugins for Cubase. (guitar rig works with Cubase also).

You can get a demo on their site too :)
It does require your PC to have a soundcard and plug your guitar into the line in, through a pre amp, or just out the back of your amp into the soundcard.

David

Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Here is a link to NI guitar rig page.

IK multimedia's amplitube is also worth a look, it tends to sound a bit more natural than GR2.

Although GR2 is the dogs and I use it in all my recordings.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:59 pm

Here is a link to NI guitar rig page.

IK multimedia's amplitube is also worth a look, it tends to sound a bit more natural than GR2.

Although GR2 is the dogs and I use it in all my recordings.

Thanks for the links Sparko! :D And Thanks David for the additional feedback as well! :D I cannot wait to try this new software out :o The effects used on 13th Star are quite Amazing to say at the least, and I would like to attempt to produce these same effects myself on guitar. Mind you attempt ::) 8-) I do so love to try my hand at mimicking, hehe, of course all in fun :'(
Next

Full Version