For all of the musicians on the board

Past-Present Equipment/Instruments/Etc. Used...

Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:17 pm

I used to use Guitar Rig, but sold it on ( its the scotsman in me).. I found I could get the same effects better , and live, using a Quaddriverb GT (rack) and Roland Boss GT 6 and my trusty Fender deluxe ( with analog reverb) ( same like frank)... and when needed for the extra kick I have a Rat pedal...

Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:49 am

I think we'll find the Guitar rig is not used live, and maybe only belonged to the studio where the final touches to the album were laid down.. to my knowledge Frank is still using his Boss effects board, a Rat pedal, and this Fender amp.. I know he cut back a lot on the effects in the past because it was limiting his playing... he even got the analogue reverb fixed on the amp years back and then turned off the digital effect to "clean" up his sound.... there's a phot from Italy with Franks foot "on the pedal".... of the same "set".....

Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:36 pm

Hi Guys,

To answer your question, we used a lot of stuff on the album but what was extensively used was not just Guitar Rig but other modules from the NI Komplete series, namely Kontakt and Absynth. We also used a lot of sounds and samples from within the Apple 'Logic' software. The reason the CD sounds so good though in my opinion is that Calum mixed it on a classic 1970s Neve desk. It is really warm and the EQs have arguably never been bettered to this day.

Hope this helps!

Merry Christmas,

Steve

Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:39 pm

HI Steve

Merry Christmas right back at you...... hope its a good one....

regardless of what was used - just a bloody fantastic album.....

Bob

Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:12 pm

before I "ebay" it - anyone interested in a Quadraverb GT in VG condition - just one volume control knob "scratchy"....

Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:45 am

Thanks DocBob, and Steve V! O and DocBob, I may take an interest in seeing what you have. However, I won't be moving to UK until mid-end of Feb, if still available. Pm me with photos if you can, and/or Beowulf too. I know we plan to make it for March Fish gigs for Crewe most definately on the 27th, we might be able to do MK on the 17th, and Notts perhaps on the 25th, according to Beowulf making these gigs with me. If you are going to any one of these gigs with own transportation bring along. Otherwise let me know which gigs you will be going to otherwise, and i will most likely meet you before gig to check out without Beowulf, though best if he has a chance to check out with me as he may be interested in it whereas i may not be :) Would be for my up and coming Purple Luna Electric that I was supposed to get a few months ago, but didn't happen. Ah well, maybe an Usher guitar was meant to be first! 8-)

Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:47 am

O yah, and I forgot March 7th as well and i will be in Scotland then 8-)

Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:38 am

O yah, and I forgot March 7th as well and i will be in Scotland then 8-)

Ok i now now good luck on your trip

Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:42 pm

Hi all, at Tavistock Wharf gig, Frank had his own superstrat, fender amp
and a Line 6 pod xt live, Chris had a Pod xt live a peavey classic 20 and a fender tele and a strat ( 50th Annis I think with Lace sensors ) Steve had a bass pod xt live and a small rack rig!
Now all we need is some preset !
Jools
Does anyone know of any tabs for 13th star Yet!

Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:59 pm

chris's strat is a clapton signature....

Franks.. - well its Franks.... bartolini pick ups, active board... and franks fingers....

tabs- well Frank is playing off standard tuning...
Chris. - each guitar is tuned separately , hence the frequent changes...

so tabs a bit tricky to write, specially with two separate guitar parts...!

which one you wanna play?
Next

Full Version