For all of the musicians on the board

Help with the Q-Sound CD Sunsets...

Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:18 am

Recently a friend told me the way the Q Sound CD's work, using a stereo system (not Home Cinemas or 5.1 systems) is possible to have a surround sound with CD's mixed in Q-System...

He show me the Amused to death (Roger Waters) and it was absolutely gorgeus (the dogs sounds in my left and people chating in the right side of the hall... remember, all this was done with a simple stereo equipment placing the loudspeaks and the listener in a triangle.

I tried to reproduce the situation with the Sunsets CD (marked as a Q sound CD) The CD is exactly the same as a normal CD, the only change is the way the mix is done... Steve Wilson (producer) is a good boy with this technical aspects (v.g. Porcupine Tree 5.1 CD's and other staff)

Is there any surround effect in the CD? What songs have this properties?

Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:01 am

Pink Floyds The Final Cut also has an earlier attempt at this called Holophonics. I have noticed the 'wide stereo' on both the The Final Cut and Amused To Death but nothing springs to mind on Sunsets.

Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:53 am

Q-Records:
http://www.qsound.com/spotlight/users/recording-artists.htm

Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:27 am

Awesome to see Fish is getting so much well deserved exposure, and smart choice to go with Q-sound to get this added attention ;)

Full Version