For all of the musicians on the board

are there Fishy-musicians here?

Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:13 pm

Just wondering....

Are there any musicians who play Marillon or Fish music?
would be nice to plan some things in a future convention??? !!!

me:Denniz
instrument: keys
play: a lot Fishy & Marillo stuff
band: www.lordsofthebackstage.nl

Who's next?

Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:39 pm

Ed
UK
Guitar
no band- just me and my guitar!

Ed

Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:02 pm

hi,i play the drums and would love to get something organised for a future convention!

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:50 pm

Denniz, I play piano/keyboard as well. I'm curious: the Marillion music that you play, did you get sheet music or play it by ear?

As for getting together with any other musicians, I'm not that good yet. I was once. I played for five years as a teenager, then stopped for nearly twenty years and am now starting over again.

Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:37 am

no good musically but i am handbuilding a fish/mark wilkinson inspired totham pole in clay. Round the base are penguins, one section has the angel of retribution on it, another has the jester from reel-to-reel - ideas for other sections ;D

Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:39 am

Ed
UK
Guitar
no band- just me and my guitar!

Ed

Germany
singer :-X
no band- just me and my shower (it's unbearable :P ;D)

Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:20 pm

Bass here - I've only ever played in theatre bands so my experiences are slightly different, lol

Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:12 am

My band 'Stickleback' covered 'Sugar Mice' in March. I have plans to add more Fish-covers to our setlist, preferably 'Raingods dancing+Wake-up call'. We don't use a synthesiser, but we have an accordeon and piano, and I hope to add some wind instruments to the band in the future.

me: Ronnie
instrument: bass
play: melancholic pop/rock
band: www.myspace.com/studioapeiron
Last edited by stickleback on Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:07 pm

I'll play guitar... even had mines set up by frank at his cottage a few years back... still have the same settings... but have changed the strings a few times since then...! Franks later stuff is difficult to replicate, but most of the old stuff 90% ( Marillio!)I can play off the cuff... and some of the solo stuff, Credo, Shadowplay, Tongues, ...

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:30 pm

Got my first guitar in seven years on Saturday!! ;D Currently shredding my fingertips trying to get my callouses back!!

Used to play in a band when I was younger. Can't play any covers at all. The band I was in did purely our own stuff (and as hard as I try I can't remember any of it now!!)..... So I'm starting with something simple: Stairway to Heaven!! :'(
Next

Full Version