For all of the musicians on the board

Fish on a violin?

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:20 pm

I am learning to play the violin (do you ever stop learning to play?) and am really interested in playing some Fish tunes (purely for my own pleasure). I have searched and clicked on links but I can't seem to find anything suitable that I can follow. Obviously sheet music for the violin would be ideal but I can adapt guitar or maybe even piano music to suit. Can anyone help?

Re: Fish on a violin?

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:10 pm

There are some guitar tab files on the Fish site - http://fish-thecompany.com/lyrics.htm#tab - but I don't know how useful they'd be to you!

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:39 am

Ahhhh! Brilliant! I should be able to adapt them. I can't wait to finish work now so I can give them a go. Thank you, thank you :D

Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:05 pm

Most of us would be surprised of how good string versions of some rock songs can sound.
I was introduced to some tracks form a string quartet that covered a dozen of songs from The Cure and I must say that it sounds really good.

Good luck Katkit! ;)

Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:36 am

zazabi wrote:Most of us would be surprised of how good string versions of some rock songs can sound.
I was introduced to some tracks form a string quartet that covered a dozen of songs from The Cure and I must say that it sounds really good.

Good luck Katkit! ;)

Take a look here for more: Vitamin String Quartet

Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:52 am

Thank you ! :P

Full Version