For all of the musicians on the board

Saxxy, but not fishy

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:26 am

I joined yesterday night, and in passing mentioned that, in the nineties, my attention was drawn to jazz and blues music. I am an active saxophone player, currently specializing on baritone sax (strictly non-professional, apart from the gift voucher and bottle of wine now and then :mrgreen: ). I play mainly in jazz and blues settings (bigband, small combos), and somehow never crossed over to progressive rock; at least not in playing. My prime musical example in bari sax? Gerry Mulligan, the lyrical bari sax player (in contrast to some, who think that a bari sax ought to play like a chain saw :shock: ).

Anyway, I'll browse the forum to see if there are more active sax players on board here :)

Re: Saxxy, but not fishy

Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:54 pm

pommel wrote:I joined yesterday night, and in passing mentioned that, in the nineties, my attention was drawn to jazz and blues music. I am an active saxophone player, currently specializing on baritone sax (strictly non-professional, apart from the gift voucher and bottle of wine now and then :mrgreen: ). I play mainly in jazz and blues settings (bigband, small combos), and somehow never crossed over to progressive rock; at least not in playing. My prime musical example in bari sax? Gerry Mulligan, the lyrical bari sax player (in contrast to some, who think that a bari sax ought to play like a chain saw :shock: ).

Anyway, I'll browse the forum to see if there are more active sax players on board here :)

Welcome Johan. - An interesting pastime, though I'm not sure if you'll find any others saxually active on here. :?

Full Version