The place to discuss any songs, albums, lyrics or artist

TransAtlantic

Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:26 am

Hi !!

What about TransAtlantic?
This Super Group (Neal Morse-Spock's Beard, Mike Portnoy-Dream Theater, Pete Trewavas-Marillion,Roine Stolt-The Flower Kings),i hear the double Albumm "Live In Europe" and i find it great.

Does anyone else listen this Group??
Last edited by delius on Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

TransAtlantic

Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:04 pm

I'm listen to transatlantic every day (almost), two records, two alternative recordings from stolt and morse and two double live cd, but the greatest of all is the fantastic dvd, I don't understand why they left this super project

TransAtlantic

Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:53 am

"They" never left as such, but Neal Morse decided to focus on his religious leanings and has left secular music for the time being, effectively pausing TransAtlantic. Mike Portnoy is still working with Neal, and has contributed drums to Neals two wonderful albums released since he left Spock's Beard, "Testimony" and "One". Both are religious in tone and content, but not preachy, so if you are a fan of Spock's Beard and TransAtlantic, you will probably appreciate both of these.

Remember that with the exception of Neal, the rest of the band are all busy with their dayjobs, and whilst they may make a new album at some point, don't hold your breath. In many ways it's all down to Neal... should he decide (or rather, should God tell him!) that secular music is OK, then chances are Mike and Neal will call Pete and Roine. In the meantime, the TA albums are good as gold and will last you a long time.

TransAtlantic

Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:01 pm

I love them! I have all their limited edition stuffs even 2DVD+2CD Special Edition! They are excellent....

TransAtlantic

Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:50 pm

Don't have the DVD's, but have all the CD's, even the Neal Morse Demo's release and the Roine Stolt remix album which is absolutely stunning! (It's between that and Live in Europe for the best release)

Re: TransAtlantic

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:22 pm

TRANSATLANTIC FLIES AGAIN!!!

PROGRESSIVE ROCK SUPERGROUP
REUNITES FOR NEW STUDIO ALBUM.
POSSIBLE LATE 2009 RELEASE PLANNED.

TRANSATLANTIC, the progressive rock "supergroup" comprised of Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater), Pete Trewavas (Marillion), Roine Stolt (The Flower Kings) and Neal Morse (ex-Spock's Beard), have reunited after a 7 year hiatus to begin work on a brand new studio album.

The band began work on the album in early April in Nashville and are expected to have it released by year's end if all goes as planned.

TRANSATLANTIC have previously released two studio albums to tremendous critical and fan acclaim: 2000's SMPTe and 2001's Bridge Across Forever. The band toured on the heels of each release with an American Tour in 2000 and a European Tour in 2001 and released subsequent Live DVD's/CD's from both tours before going their separate ways for an indefinite hiatus which lasted almost the entire decade.

:mexwave: :mexwave: :mexwave: :mexwave: :mexwave: :mexwave: :mexwave: :mexwave:

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Well, I am SOOO looking forward to that coming out!..... ( reaches for Transatlantic CD's from the shelf!)

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:58 pm

Yeah. Let's hope it's recorded in more "traditional" fashion than some of the other stuff which was (I believe) basically mixed together from parts which each individual had recorded in separate studios at different times! Not very "rock and roll"!!

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:33 am

Being a Marillos,Dream Theater and Neal Morse fan then this project can hardly fail for me !, am Looking forward to hearing them again.......I love the Live CD/DVD !

:)

Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Next

Full Version