The place to discuss any songs, albums, lyrics or artist

Re: Tell us about the gig you have recently been to

Tue May 20, 2014 7:00 am

Yesterday played Steve Hackett here in Berlin at the Tempodrom. It is a little bit like a circus arena ;) ! Thanks to the German Genesis Fanclub I had a ticket for the second row :) ! So I had the chance to observe Steve Hacket all the time, what he was doing with his guitars! Crazy! It was a pleasure for me to listen to "Horizons", performed by the creator himself. And "Supper's ready" was great too! Here are some pics!

Steve Hackett - Berlin - Tempodrom - 19th May 2014

Tue May 20, 2014 7:56 am

ulrichs wrote:Yesterday played Steve Hackett here in Berlin at the Tempodrom. It is a little bit like a circus arena ;) ! Thanks to the German Genesis Fanclub I had a ticket for the second row :) ! So I had the chance to observe Steve Hacket all the time, what he was doing with his guitars! Crazy! It was a pleasure for me to listen to "Horizons", performed by the creator himself. And "Supper's ready" was great too! Here are some pics!

How did you like Nad Sylvan's performance Ulli?

Tue May 20, 2014 11:57 am

zazabi wrote:
ulrichs wrote:Yesterday played Steve Hackett here in Berlin at the Tempodrom. It is a little bit like a circus arena ;) ! Thanks to the German Genesis Fanclub I had a ticket for the second row :) ! So I had the chance to observe Steve Hacket all the time, what he was doing with his guitars! Crazy! It was a pleasure for me to listen to "Horizons", performed by the creator himself. And "Supper's ready" was great too! Here are some pics!

Difficult to say! When I closed my eyes, it was a good one, sometimes similar to PG ;) . But I had a problem with his stage costume :D .

Tue May 20, 2014 2:18 pm

ulrichs wrote:
zazabi wrote:

Difficult to say! When I closed my eyes, it was a good one, sometimes similar to PG ;) . But I had a problem with his stage costume :D .

Kind of Pirate looks! At first I found it strange but got used to it. I found his voice was very good though. A bit PG like, as you said.

Tue May 20, 2014 5:19 pm

zazabi wrote:
ulrichs wrote:Difficult to say! When I closed my eyes, it was a good one, sometimes similar to PG ;) . But I had a problem with his stage costume :D .

Kind of Pirate looks! At first I found it strange but got used to it. I found his voice was very good though. A bit PG like, as you said.

A pirate with gloves like this ;-) !?

Tue May 20, 2014 5:21 pm

ulrichs wrote:
zazabi wrote:
ulrichs wrote:Difficult to say! When I closed my eyes, it was a good one, sometimes similar to PG ;) . But I had a problem with his stage costume :D .

I don't remember the gloves lol
But I do remember a strange looking pair of pants :lol: if you were seating in the front, you can't have missed it ;-)

Tue May 20, 2014 6:22 pm

zazabi wrote:
ulrichs wrote:
zazabi wrote:Kind of Pirate looks! At first I found it strange but got used to it. I found his voice was very good though. A bit PG like, as you said.

I don't remember the gloves lol
But I do remember a strange looking pair of pants :lol: if you were seating in the front, you can't have missed it ;-)

I haven't missed it! Gloves of white "Spitze", I don't know the English word for i!

Wed May 21, 2014 5:30 am

Fri May 23, 2014 2:06 pm

Great photos Ulli.
Thank you

They reminded me of his wonderful gig in Aylesbury

I think Nad Sylvan is brilliant. Absolutely perfect for songs like Musical Box and Suppers Ready.
I love his look of flouncy blouses, leather trousers, long belts and angelic long hair.

And Nick Beggs is brilliant ! A local Leighton Buzzard lad !!!!!

Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:08 pm

The Eagles at the O2, 16th June.

Well it was 2 and 3/4 hours of a fantastic live performance with almost 30 songs!
The voices were superb apart for the very beguinning when Don Henley sang, his mike wasn't well set up so during the two first songs that he sang his voice was almost unrecognisable to me. But it got much better.
I'm always impressed at how this guy can sing and play the drums so well at the same time.

There were two parts. First part was the early Eagles songs with a much country easy going groove. Lots of beautiful harmonies for which these guys are known for.
The second part was more energetic with lots of guitar and an absolutely phenomenal Joe Walsh who excelled in singing his "In the City" and "Life's been good" songs.
Joe if you read this, you're my HERO wink

The show ended with Desperado and again was sung beautifully and took a great dimension.
The band filled the arena with a wonderful atmosphere and I am so grateful to have been able to be there.

All in all, a superb show!
Next

Full Version