The place to discuss any songs, albums, lyrics or artist

Re: Tell us about the gig you have recently been to

Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:36 pm

zazabi wrote:The Eagles at the O2, 16th June.

Well it was 2 and 3/4 hours of a fantastic live performance with almost 30 songs!
The voices were superb apart for the very beguinning when Don Henley sang, his mike wasn't well set up so during the two first songs that he sang his voice was almost unrecognisable to me. But it got much better.
I'm always impressed at how this guy can sing and play the drums so well at the same time.

There were two parts. First part was the early Eagles songs with a much country easy going groove. Lots of beautiful harmonies for which these guys are known for.
The second part was more energetic with lots of guitar and an absolutely phenomenal Joe Walsh who excelled in singing his "In the City" and "Life's been good" songs.
Joe if you read this, you're my HERO wink

The show ended with Desperado and again was sung beautifully and took a great dimension.
The band filled the arena with a wonderful atmosphere and I am so grateful to have been able to be there.

All in all, a superb show!

Sounds awesome Zaz! Wish I could have been there. :( - Think all of the Eagles have excellent voices. - Did they play Long Road Out Of Eden? :?

Joe Walsh is a LEGEND!!

Re: Tell us about the gig you have recently been to

Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:38 pm

arcademannequin wrote:
zazabi wrote:The Eagles at the O2, 16th June.

Well it was 2 and 3/4 hours of a fantastic live performance with almost 30 songs!
The voices were superb apart for the very beguinning when Don Henley sang, his mike wasn't well set up so during the two first songs that he sang his voice was almost unrecognisable to me. But it got much better.
I'm always impressed at how this guy can sing and play the drums so well at the same time.

There were two parts. First part was the early Eagles songs with a much country easy going groove. Lots of beautiful harmonies for which these guys are known for.
The second part was more energetic with lots of guitar and an absolutely phenomenal Joe Walsh who excelled in singing his "In the City" and "Life's been good" songs.
Joe if you read this, you're my HERO wink

The show ended with Desperado and again was sung beautifully and took a great dimension.
The band filled the arena with a wonderful atmosphere and I am so grateful to have been able to be there.

All in all, a superb show!

Sounds awesome Zaz! Wish I could have been there. :( - Think all of the Eagles have excellent voices. - Did they play Long Road Out Of Eden? :?

Joe Walsh is a LEGEND!!

Surprisingly ,not. Not even Waiting in the weeds which I would have also loved to hear.
But they are all excused ;-)

Joe Walsh was phenomenal really.

Full Version