The place to discuss any songs, albums, lyrics or artist

Re: Gigs coming up

Fri May 23, 2014 2:47 pm

Big Elf London 19th November.

Fri May 23, 2014 4:14 pm

Tonight, live in Lowestoft :shock: From The Jam.

A new venue that has the likes of Public Enemy in the next couple of weeks. What will Lowie make of that?

Sat May 24, 2014 10:22 am

Chris D wrote:Tonight, live in Lowestoft :shock: From The Jam.

A new venue that has the likes of Public Enemy in the next couple of weeks. What will Lowie make of that?

Seeing From the Jam at Chilfest in teh summer so will be interested to hear what you think.
Of course it cant be the Jam without Mr Weller.
I really wish I had seen the Jam when they were at the top of their game back in the late70s and early 80s.

Sat May 24, 2014 9:47 pm

Well............

..............it was good. The singer sounds (too me) like Weller. And they were very tight. But people also remembered who was on stage as it was Bruce Foxton's name that was frequently chanted.

As for the setlist, to me as someone who only knows the stuff from Snap (the singles collection).

Started off with five or six blistering tracks including Strange Town, Going Underground, A Bomb In Wardour Street and Dreams Of Children that I knew. Then the same amount I did not though I did really like a couple.....Butterfly Collector and a rock-a-billy track which The Jam recorded as an album track though I can not remember what it was called. During this time the crowd thinned out and sadly there was alot of chatting. This spoiled it a bit as Butterfly Collector was quite difficult to here.

Then they played an electric version of That's Entertainment (I would have preferred an acoustic version), and the crowd and jumping returned. Smithers Jones, Funeral Pyre and Eton Rifles. Then the encore of Down In The Tube Station (in my opinion there best track), Beat Surrender and finally Start.

Sat May 24, 2014 10:45 pm

Chris D wrote:Well............

..............it was good. The singer sounds (too me) like Weller. And they were very tight. But people also remembered who was on stage as it was Bruce Foxton's name that was frequently chanted.

As for the setlist, to me as someone who only knows the stuff from Snap (the singles collection).

Started off with five or six blistering tracks including Strange Town, Going Underground, A Bomb In Wardour Street and Dreams Of Children that I knew. Then the same amount I did not though I did really like a couple.....Butterfly Collector and a rock-a-billy track which The Jam recorded as an album track though I can not remember what it was called. During this time the crowd thinned out and sadly there was alot of chatting. This spoiled it a bit as Butterfly Collector was quite difficult to here.

Then they played an electric version of That's Entertainment (I would have preferred an acoustic version), and the crowd and jumping returned. Smithers Jones, Funeral Pyre and Eton Rifles. Then the encore of Down In The Tube Station (in my opinion there best track), Beat Surrender and finally Start.

The set list sounds rather good . All great Jam songs.

Mon May 26, 2014 8:24 pm

19th May 2014 - Steve Hackett - Berlin
5th July 2014 - Galahad - Christchurch (Christchurch Music Festiva), filghts are booked
23rd Auguat 2014 - Fish - Haddington
29th August 2014 - Roger Hodgson - Leipzig
19th September 2014 - Kate Bush - London (together with TNN, Andyboy67 and JohnSReid)
... I never thought about, to have the chance to see Kate bush live! Dreams come true!!
3rd October 2014 - Fish - Zoetermeer
(4th October - Fish - Uden)
18th October - Carpet Crawlers (TLLDOB) - Liverpool (there was a change)
7th November - Fish - Karlsruhe
8th Novemmber - Pendragon - London
28th November 2014 - The Watch - Reichenbach
29th November 2014 - Clive Nolan's Alchemy - Reichenbach (greater venue than the Bergkeller )
19th December - Fish - Liverpool
20th December - Mick Pointer and Friends (Script) - Zoetermeer

... to be continued

Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:12 pm

Anathema acoustic gig this Sunday in Gloucester Cathedral.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:40 pm

Night of the prog - Loreley 18/07
Peter Gabriel - Bruxelles 12/11

Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:13 am

Anathema (Acoustic show) @ Leamington Spa Assembly this evening :D 8-)
A venue very close to my heart ;)

Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:51 am

Andyboy67 wrote:Anathema (Acoustic show) @ Leamington Spa Assembly this evening :D 8-)
A venue very close to my heart ;)

And your verdict ???

I'm seeing them Sunday in Gloucester.
Next

Full Version