The place to discuss any songs, albums, lyrics or artist

Re: Gigs coming up

Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:29 am

stevee1966 wrote:
Andyboy67 wrote:Anathema (Acoustic show) @ Leamington Spa Assembly this evening :D 8-)
A venue very close to my heart ;)

And your verdict ???

I'm seeing them Sunday in Gloucester.

Absolutely amazing this show really works well a solid 2 hours of fun & audience interaction. A good cross section of the back catalogue plus 4 covers that worked really well, I won't ruin it by saying which songs other than a Portishead cover that brought tears to my eyes .
In the setting you'll see them in it will be amazing so enjoy yourself . Just leaving for the Download festival weekend now so hopfully might be able to catch a bit of their electronic show later . ;-)

Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:01 am

3 more sleeps to see the Eagles in London :D

Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:36 am

Knightmare Live tomorrow night!

"Where am I?" :D

Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:49 pm

Panic Room tomorrow night.....might be a tad warm in the Borderline

Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:14 am

Anathema - Bristol in September

Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:27 am

Andyboy67 wrote:
stevee1966 wrote:
Andyboy67 wrote:Anathema (Acoustic show) @ Leamington Spa Assembly this evening :D 8-)
A venue very close to my heart ;)

And your verdict ???

I'm seeing them Sunday in Gloucester.

Absolutely amazing this show really works well a solid 2 hours of fun & audience interaction. A good cross section of the back catalogue plus 4 covers that worked really well, I won't ruin it by saying which songs other than a Portishead cover that brought tears to my eyes .
In the setting you'll see them in it will be amazing so enjoy yourself . Just leaving for the Download festival weekend now so hopfully might be able to catch a bit of their electronic show later . ;-)

You may have seen my son in Download - selling 'temporary' tattoos :-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:57 am

I did indeed, pity I didn't realise I would have said hello .
An absolute amazing weekend, Aerosmith nailed it for me ;-)

Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:09 pm

Joe Bonamassa this coming tuesday :D can't wait!

Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:21 pm

zazabi wrote:Joe Bonamassa this coming tuesday :D can't wait!

Enjoy it Is, he was supurb at Download and won over alot of the younger members of the crowd with his genius guitar playing :-)

Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:41 pm

Andyboy67 wrote:
zazabi wrote:Joe Bonamassa this coming tuesday :D can't wait!

Enjoy it Is, he was supurb at Download and won over alot of the younger members of the crowd with his genius guitar playing :-)

Really? Most of the people around us thought that he was as dull as dishwater! :( Sure he played well, but what a dull set for a rock crowd. He had the opportunity to get people up and clapping/singing and failed miserably. That was my 5th time seeing him and I'd still prefer to see him concentrate on playing whilst someone else sings. But he tried that and decided that as he's not centre of attention it wasn't for him.

I agree with the Aerosmith comments. A lot of people were worried that it was going to be a disaster but they pulled off an excellent gig by choosing the right set list (something Joe failed to do) and not playing Pink!! :oops: :o
Next

Full Version