Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band - hammersmith odeon,london '75
8-)

Re: THE BEST LIVE ALBUMS

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:51 am

Marillion - somewhere in London
8-)

Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:30 pm

Don`t know why I had never listened to it before, but Live In The Heart Of The City by Whitesnake is an absolute corker. :)

Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:06 pm

Clutcher of Straws wrote:Don`t know why I had never listened to it before, but Live In The Heart Of The City by Whitesnake is an absolute corker. :)

Good call.
I love Whitesnake. Coverdale has such a wonderful voice, Great bluesy rock with good songs.
They were a great band to watch live in the early 80s.
People say that DC struggles nowadays which puts me off seeing them however their last two studio albums are rather good.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:51 pm

:lol: apart from fish/marillion live albums. the reat are:
allman brothers band- fillmore shows.
genesis- live.
rush - all the world a stage.
transatlantic- an evening with.
iron maiden- live after death.
otis redding- wiskey a go go.
led zeppelin- how the west was won.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:49 pm

on my way back home yesterday,after the show,I put in the cd player in the car the live below(how come I didn't think of it earlier :? :oops: )
it definitely got its place in this thread :!:

FISH - communion
8-)

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:31 pm

Scorpions' World Wide Live. Man, I loved that album and played it to death. Then I went to see them in 1988/9, four years after it was released and the set was virtually identical. I didn't quite know whether that was a good or bad thing!

Real To Reel I loved as well.

Slightly more up to date:
Ben Folds - Ben Folds Live
Gary Moore - Blues Alive
Arab Strap - Mad For Sadness

If we're including DVDs:
Portishead - NYC
Drive-By Truckers - The Dirty South Live At The 40 Watt

Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:59 pm

Don't know if I've already said this one, as I haven't read back through the thread, but possibly my favourite live album by any artist is 'Packet Of Three' by Steve Marriott. - Recorded not long before his tragic death in a house fire, and when many music critics considered him washed-out, all of his skill and vocal talent and humour came through in this performance. - Think he was only playing at a pub of some sort, with a couple of ex-Humble Pie members, and the quality of the recording could have been better, but there is just a magic there that I can't put a finger on. - I've heard enough live performances over the years by him solo, and with Humble Pie, to believe him to be one of Britain's truly great Blues/Rock singers. Up there with Robert Plant in my opinion.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:56 pm

It may not be regarded as a 'classic' but i'm currently loving Blackfield's 'Live in New York'.

Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:38 pm

MARILLION:"brave live 2013"...awesome :o
and for the first time on a live cd,the magnificient "trap the spark" is worth the purchase of this record ;)
8-)
Next

Full Version