The place to discuss any songs, albums, lyrics or artist

Kate Bush Gigs!

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:14 am

A big surprise! Kate Bush announces live dates! http://www.katebushnews.com/index.php/2 ... ive-dates/ :o

Re: Gigs coming up

Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:08 am

Lauri wrote:A big surprise! Kate Bush announces live dates! http://www.katebushnews.com/index.php/2 ... ive-dates/ :o

A must have, more than the gig by the Rolling Stones here in Berlin 10th June. But a little bit tricky for me. USA trip from 1st to 18th September. 29th August Roger Hodgson, tickets bought. So four dates left, 26th, 27th, 30th August or 19th September. Best choice 19th September, holidays already approved by my boss.

Dates annouced:
AUGUST
Tuesday, 26th August
Wednesday, 27th August
Friday, 29th August
Saturday, 30th August

SEPTEMBER
Tuesday, 2nd September
Wednesday, 3rd September
Friday, 5th September
Saturday, 6th September
Tuesday, 9th September
Wednesday, 10th September
Friday, 12th September
Saturday, 13th September
Tuesday, 16th September
Wednesday, 17th September
Friday, 19th September

Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:21 am

ulrichs wrote:
Lauri wrote:A big surprise! Kate Bush announces live dates! http://www.katebushnews.com/index.php/2 ... ive-dates/ :o

A must have, more than the gig by the Rolling Stones here in Berlin 10th June. But a little bit tricky for me. USA trip from 1st to 18th September. 29th August Roger Hodgson, tickets bought. So four dates left, 26th, 27th, 30th August or 19th September. Best choice 19th September, holidays already approved by my boss.

But the first step is, to get a ticket!!

Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:05 pm

ulrichs wrote:

Dates annouced:
AUGUST
Tuesday, 26th August
Wednesday, 27th August
Friday, 29th August
Saturday, 30th August

SEPTEMBER
Tuesday, 2nd September
Wednesday, 3rd September
Friday, 5th September
Saturday, 6th September
Tuesday, 9th September
Wednesday, 10th September
Friday, 12th September
Saturday, 13th September
Tuesday, 16th September
Wednesday, 17th September
Friday, 19th September

This was on the BBC news this morning
She hasnt played live for 35 years.
Demand will be huge
Hammersmith has 3,600 seats thats about 54,000 people will get to see her.
I bet that demand is at least 10 times that.

She has always been on my list of people I would most like to see.
I never thought I would get the chance.

Looks like they are going to be very strict with tickets to prevent on selling which is a good thing

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:51 pm

this afternoon I asked Darren Redick on Planet Rock to play Running up that Hill by Kate Bush.

He used it as an excuse to have a debate on the Planetrock Facebook site on whether Kate Bush should be played on PlanetRock.
The majority of the audience said YES
So he played it at 5:47 UK time !!!!

Everyone I know who likes rock music likes Kate Bush. She transcends genres but I would say she is as prog as Floyd, Genesis, Gabriel etc....
You just have to listen to 9th Wave on the Hounds of Love , which is one of my favourite pieces of music.

Re: Kate Bush Gigs!

Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:24 pm

I've gotta say that I'm very excited.

Now is a good time to go and buy more Kate Bush albums.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:26 am

Have spent this morning trying to work out how to get tickets !

There will be 50,000 very lucky people and hundreds of thousands of disappointed people.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:29 am

Best Kate Bush albums.....

Hounds of Love has to be number 1

I also like the Kick Inside which was a sublime debut album and also The Sensual World which is beautiful

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:28 pm

Teddynonose wrote:Best Kate Bush albums.....

Hounds of Love has to be number 1

I also like the Kick Inside which was a sublime debut album and also The Sensual World which is beautiful

Very hard to say. Hounds Of Love comes easily to mind but I do like Never For Ever very, very much and 50 Words For Snow is also absolutely wonderful! Great artist.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:59 pm

Fingers crossed! Tomorrow will start the Presale for members of http://www.katebush.com. I'll take a look at 9:30 am. German time and one hour later UK time. And with the Presale code there we got the following information.

ALL NEW SIGNEES TO THE KATEBUSH.COM MAILING LIST FROM 00:00AM ON 1ST MARCH 2014 WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRE-SALE TICKETS

That's a good idea by the management!!!

TNN, I'll think of you ;) !
Next

Full Version