The place to discuss any songs, albums, lyrics or artist

40th Anniversary of TLLDOB

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:28 pm

2014, there will be or was an appointment of the five guys in the line up. Steve Hackett was talking about in an interview.

H81R: Over the years, Peter has been the most reluctant to reunite with the old lineup, but in interviews, he seems to be more open to the idea lately. Do you think it’s possible?

SH: I don’t have a crystal ball. I’m seeing them all tomorrow, as it happens, but nobody has a crystal ball with this. There are many separate agendas, whereas we shared one common goal at one time, everyone knows that I’m up for it, but I’ll let you know after tomorrow. That’s not ostensibly why we’re all coming together. There’s always something else on the table. No one will be more surprised than me if that’s the result of us coming together. Maybe this guy can’t do it because he’s doing music for FIFA, and another guy is scoring music for a movie for Disney, and another guy’s got a tour. There’s a lot of things in the way. God, I think the last time we had a gig was nine years ago. Decades come and go, but I have to say that I doubt that there will be any complete reformation. I don’t think it’s likely to happen. I’ve always been up for it, it’s possible but highly improbable, but I’d like to be pleasantly surprised.

H81R: What is the meeting about?

SH: Well, there is something that’s on the cards, but I don’t want to be the one to spill the beans because the agenda may have entirely changed by tomorrow, so I think it might be unlikely to talk about it at this stage. But what it is not is a proposal for a live performance of the five guys. That is what it is not. I’m not allowed to say what it is at this stage because it could be very bad luck.

Re: 40th Anniversary of TLLDOB

Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:06 am

Interesting

I have been lucky enough to see Genesis 6 times

My first ever gig was to see Collins, Banks, Rutherford and Hackett
And I was lucky enough to see the 6 of the Best show at MK Bowl in 1982 when Gabriel played with Collins, Banks and Rutherford. I think Hackett came on for an encore.

The last Genesis gig at Twickenham was pretty much perfect and a fitting Swansong.

However how many bands still have all their members alive 40 years later ?
It must be tempting for them to do something especially as I hear that Collins maybe considering coming out of retirement.

Steve Hackett's Genesis revisited shows last year were fantastic
Even Mike Rutherford has played live very recently....

We shall wait and see...........

Full Version