The place to discuss any songs, albums, lyrics or artist

Ticket Resellers

Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:07 pm

Those of you on Facebook will have probably see that there is a petition to sign (if you are in the UK) against ticket resellers.
Fish is asking people to sign the petition.

I think that all of us genuine music fans are getting extremely frustrated that ticket resellers ( and there are many including Viagogo, Get Me In, Stubhub etc..) are managing to buy up huge numbers of concert tickets and resell them for vastly inflated prices, thus preventing genuine fans from managing to purchase them at face value.

This practice stinks and should be made illegal.

Not long ago I tried to get Fleetwood Mac tickets. They were already expensive at face value but I never managed to get any and literally within minutes of the ticket sale resellers were advertising them for 3 to 10 times face value.

The recent Kate Bush ticket sale tried to prevent this by stating that the ticket holder will have to provide proof of purchase at the venue however this hasn't stopped resellers advertising tickets in excess of £1000 each.

It has to stop.

What do the rest of you think ?

Re: Ticket Resellers

Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:57 pm

I agree and if I would able to to sign, I would!

Here is the link to: Regulate the reselling of tickets by touts

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:28 pm

Shambolic :evil:
I despise such agencies and touts, I got stung once buying a ticket for a gig outsde the venue at a much inflated price only to be refused entry because the ticket was a forgery :(
Once bitten tho, it will never happen again..... :roll:

Anyway ive signed the petition, hopefully it will help, but I fear not :o

Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:02 am

Teddynonose wrote:It has to stop.

What do the rest of you think ?

I think it has to stop. ;)

But who will stop it? Could it be seen as interfering with capitalism and free trade? The problem is that it isn't "free trade" because those of us who have to work do not have the ability to get the tickets in the first place due to the ridiculous online conditions.

Maybe go back to box offices and queues? Would that be an improvement? Queueing all night to get tickets? And even then, only if you are local. Once again, it would be the people in full-time work that suffered....

It is a difficult problem, but I agree that something needs to be done. I've signed the petition, but there are only 980 signatures so far (well, 981 once mine has been added...).

Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:28 pm

At work we have just been looking to see how much reseller sites are selling Kate Bush tickets for.

We have found alot for well over £1500 each.

The highest we have found is for $2,450 each

On seat wave if you buy 2 tickets at £1,250 each = £2,500...they then charge you £490 booking fee !

Its outrageous

Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:24 pm

ulrichs wrote:I agree and if I would able to to sign, I would!

+1
8-)

Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:35 pm

Teddynonose wrote:At work we have just been looking to see how much reseller sites are selling Kate Bush tickets for.

We have found alot for well over £1500 each.

The highest we have found is for $2,450 each

On seat wave if you buy 2 tickets at £1,250 each = £2,500...they then charge you £490 booking fee !

Its outrageous

I have an example that I want to post here. I will ask John how how can do it .

Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:15 am

KateBushReseller.jpg

Unbelieveable
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:48 am

Thank you John

This is an example of what the resellers are doing with Kate Bush tickets

I thought paying the top price of £150 (including fees and insurance) was a huge amount to pay for a concert ticket

However this is an example of tickets being sold for 10 x that price. £1500 for a ticket + £250 booking fee per ticket
Its criminal

Who pays this amount of money to go to a concert ?
Why are the resellers allowed to do this ?

When big name artists see that their tickets can command this amount of money they will know that they can charge higher prices because theire is the demand. Ticket prices for big name gigs are already getting too expensive for normal people.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:38 pm

What is the most you would pay to go to a gig and who would you pay that much to go and see ?

I have seen pretty much everyone I would ever want to see.

Kate Bush and the Eagles are two acts who I never thought I would see I was willing to go in excess of £100 if I needed to.

If the 5 "original" members of Genesis reform then potentially I might need to see my bank manager !
Next

Full Version