The place to discuss any songs, albums, lyrics or artist

Re: Ticket Resellers

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:35 am

Teddynonose wrote:What is the most you would pay to go to a gig and who would you pay that much to go and see ?

Rush are pretty much my favourite band, and I baulked at paying £70 a ticket for the Clockwork Angels tour. Bear in mind that with the limited number of UK dates, most people will also have to fork out for transport and accommodation/food. Makes it an extremely expensive activity that can only be done for special occasions.

As it turned out, I couldn't go to Glasgow to see Rush anyway and managed to sell my tickets on - for £60 each!! :shock:

As you can see, I am still some way off making my first million as a ticket tout! :D

Considering you can attend a full weekend at a festival (Wickerman for example) for just over £100, I just can't see how paying that much for one band is justifiable.

It is very frustrating and puts live music out of most people's reach - or at least seeing big bands live...

My band usually don't charge... ;)

Re: Ticket Resellers

Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:20 pm

Conan wrote:
Teddynonose wrote:What is the most you would pay to go to a gig and who would you pay that much to go and see ?

Rush are pretty much my favourite band, and I baulked at paying £70 a ticket for the Clockwork Angels tour. Bear in mind that with the limited number of UK dates, most people will also have to fork out for transport and accommodation/food. Makes it an extremely expensive activity that can only be done for special occasions.

As it turned out, I couldn't go to Glasgow to see Rush anyway and managed to sell my tickets on - for £60 each!! :shock:

As you can see, I am still some way off making my first million as a ticket tout! :D

Considering you can attend a full weekend at a festival (Wickerman for example) for just over £100, I just can't see how paying that much for one band is justifiable.

It is very frustrating and puts live music out of most people's reach - or at least seeing big bands live...

My band usually don't charge... ;)

I agree

I have seen Rush on numerous occasions so at the last tour I gave them a miss because of the price.

I think I would only pay over £75 for a favourite artist that i have never seen before or a special gig by a favourite artist.

I wonder how how much Fish and Marillion fans would pay to see them reunite for a gig ????
I saw them many many times so I probably wouldnt pay a huge amount however I might stretch myself !!!

Full Version