Kudos and slaps, ask for help with any forum problems or questions

How to change your avatar

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:10 am

What's an avatar? It's the picture over there --> below the forum name. Here's how to make one your own.

After you've logged in, click the "Your profile" tab (in a new browser tab if you can so that you can still read this) and then click the "Profile" tab below that.
On the left, click the "Edit avatar" link.
Clicking the "Display gallery" button is a good start, then you can choose 'Artwork', 'Companies' or 'Covers' from the drop-down list. Tick the radio button under the picture that you like and then click the "Submit" button.
Done.

You can also choose your avatar from a web server by specifying the complete URL in the "Link off-site:" box, but be certain that this is a public domain image before you do so. Copyright infringements are so not nice.

You can upload to a file sharing server and link to that but be aware that most of those will only allow a limited bandwidth, and every time your avatar is viewed will add up. Posting a copyrighted image to a file sharing site and claiming ignorance won't let you get away with it.

If you're not sure about the image size in pixels, leave the "Avatar dimensions:" empty and this clever forum software will work it out.

Go for it!
Thanked: 1

Re: How to change your avatar

Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:45 pm

Took an age and plenty of patience so here I am for all to laugh at :D :D :D :D :D

Re: How to change your avatar

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi,

noob here i cant put an avatar up as it says its disabled!

any help would be aprreciated thanks.

:)

Re: How to change your avatar

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:09 pm

External Exile wrote:Hi,

noob here i cant put an avatar up as it says its disabled!

any help would be aprreciated thanks.

:)

Hi External Exile
We have a rule here that newly registered members aren't allowed to do certain things until their 5th post has been approved by a moderator or administrator.
After that, you can change your profile!

It stops spammers from flooding us, which nobody likes.

So welcome, and carry on posting!
:hatoff:
Thanked: 1

Re: How to change your avatar

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:13 pm

Thanks Rainbow :P

Re: How to change your avatar

Sun May 26, 2013 9:47 pm

Just wondering How Many times Arcade is going to ghange his Avatar in one night :? ;)
Thanked: 1

Re: How to change your avatar

Sun May 26, 2013 9:58 pm

mwelljester wrote:Just wondering How Many times Arcade is going to ghange his Avatar in one night :? ;)


You noticed! I was trying to pick some Mark Wilkinson artwork that no one is using, but since everyone seems to be shoving their faces on lately, I figured what the hell! :)

Re: How to change your avatar

Sun May 26, 2013 9:59 pm

arcademannequin wrote:
mwelljester wrote:Just wondering How Many times Arcade is going to ghange his Avatar in one night :? ;)


You noticed! I was trying to pick some Mark Wilkinson artwork that no one is using, but since everyone seems to be shoving their faces on lately, I figured what the hell! :)


I hadn't noticed! :D

In fact it was only earlier that I was thinking of swapping mine back to what it was before 8-)

Re: How to change your avatar

Sun May 26, 2013 10:08 pm

Lady41 wrote:
arcademannequin wrote:
mwelljester wrote:Just wondering How Many times Arcade is going to ghange his Avatar in one night :? ;)


You noticed! I was trying to pick some Mark Wilkinson artwork that no one is using, but since everyone seems to be shoving their faces on lately, I figured what the hell! :)


I hadn't noticed! :D

In fact it was only earlier that I was thinking of swapping mine back to what it was before 8-)


Thanks very much! I only opted for the face because everyone seemed to be showing their mugs.

Re: How to change your avatar

Sun May 26, 2013 10:11 pm

arcademannequin wrote:
Lady41 wrote:
arcademannequin wrote:You noticed! I was trying to pick some Mark Wilkinson artwork that no one is using, but since everyone seems to be shoving their faces on lately, I figured what the hell! :)


I hadn't noticed! :D

In fact it was only earlier that I was thinking of swapping mine back to what it was before 8-)


Thanks very much! I only opted for the face because everyone seemed to be showing their mugs.


lol, was just kidding :D In fact, it's good cos I like to have pics for my contacts and I couldn't find one for you so now I just nicked it to transfer to my phone - before that, I had you on as a potato wedge (although it was close call between a wedge and a chip ;-) )
Thanked: 1

Full Version