Kudos and slaps, ask for help with any forum problems or questions

Time For Change

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi all,

I haven't been on here much lately as some you you have noticed. I'm a bad person. :) Unfortunately I've been insanely busy and barely have any time to look at forums, Facebook or anything even remotely interesting :)

Anyway, I haven't forgotten the forum and plans are afoot to update it to a friendlier, more fun, easier to use, and - dare I say it - sexier way to interract with other Fish fans.

It will bring in Facebook, Twitter and Google account integration so that people who visit the forum can post without the hassle of setting up yet another online account. The hope is it will be easier for everyone to engage and join in whether they are forum regulars or not.

So, keep your eyes peeled. I'll be letting folk know in this topic as things happen - and will also post updates to my Twitter account @JohnSReid while it's going on in case the forum as unavailable. Also, if you notice anything you can hit me up there in case the forum isn't working for some reason.

It's quite exciting and I'm hoping to have it ready by Christmas.

Questions, feedback, opinions, canned food are all welcome. Keep posting and see you on the other side!

Re: Time For Change

Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:09 pm

Welcome back John! The changes sound good :)

Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:55 pm

JohnSReid wrote:Plans are afoot to update it to a friendlier, more fun, easier to use, and - dare I say it - sexier way to interract with other Fish fans.

You got me curious John :)
I guess in a way I am a bit apprehensive of the change coming up as I like the comfort of a familiar place like this forum :oops: but I'm also open to changes for the better and I'm sure whatever you're working on it will be a great job! :)

Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:47 pm

Sounds good to me John, who knows I may even learn how to post a YouTube Clip successfully :oops: :oops: :oops: ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:14 am

Hi John, me again :)
I was wondering if there will be a Fish app compatible with iphones at some point?
Thanks ;-)

Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:30 am

zazabi wrote:Hi John, me again :)
I was wondering if there will be a Fish app compatible with iphones at some point?
Thanks ;-)

No plans at the moment. We're working to get the app on BlackBerry 10 (which requires the least work) and then we'll be looking at Windows Phone 8 and iOS, which are likely to be rewrites of the app.

Maybe there will be time next year :)

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:56 am

This week I'm planning to migrating the forum to the new software. If you notice the forum go down or you cannot post stuff - DON'T PANIC!

I'll be once things are ready, there will be a new, shiny forum to sign into.

I'll post any more updates and THINGS THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW here :)

Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:58 pm

JohnSReid wrote:This week I'm planning to migrating the forum to the new software. If you notice the forum go down or you cannot post stuff - DON'T PANIC!

What will happen to "the old" Forum?

Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:19 pm

zazabi wrote:
JohnSReid wrote:This week I'm planning to migrating the forum to the new software. If you notice the forum go down or you cannot post stuff - DON'T PANIC!

What will happen to "the old" Forum?

Got to be honest Im very apprehensive . Sure everything will be fine tho .

Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:01 pm

zazabi wrote:What will happen to "the old" Forum?

Nothing per se. I'll be planning on keeping the content in the new version. Everyone should be able to keep their usernames and the like.
Next

Full Version