Kudos and slaps, ask for help with any forum problems or questions

Re: Time For Change

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:00 pm

arcademannequin wrote:I wouldn't bother to be honest. This Forum is like a pair of old comfy slippers, with two worn holes you can stick your big toes through.

Wouldn't creating something new be like exchanging them for a pair of cold leather moccasins that rub your heels? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:12 am

arcademannequin wrote:This Forum is like a pair of old comfy slippers, with two worn holes you can stick your big toes through. Wouldn't creating something new be like exchanging them for a pair of cold leather moccasins that rub your heels? :?

Love the imagery! :D

I'm still ambivalent about changes. Change for its own sake is wrong IMO, but change to bring about an improvement (or even an intended improvement) is a good idea.

Let's face it - this forum is pretty stagnant. Comfortable - definitely, but only comfortable for a small active membership. We need new members, and we need more of them to join in the banter.

The question is, how do we accomplish that? Simply changing the colours and fonts is not going to bring us any nearer that goal. Integration with other social media may well be the way forward, but the concept makes me uncomfortable. I don't use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any such media; and I have no intention of doing so. My hope is that we can reap the benefits of closer links with these formats without losing the identity of this forum, or forcing people (like myself) to use formats with which we are uncomfortable.

But I trust John (and Fish) to come up with something that ticks all the boxes - even if it does take a while!! :twisted:

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:43 am

arcademannequin wrote:I wouldn't bother to be honest. This Forum is like a pair of old comfy slippers, with two worn holes you can stick your big toes through.

Wouldn't creating something new be like exchanging them for a pair of cold leather moccasins that rub your heels? :?

Knowing your dress sense maybe you'd like a more sexy forum in high heels :lol:

Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:19 pm

Conan wrote:We need new members, and we need more of them to join in the banter.

What's stopping them? :? - I'd welcome anyone joining in. - Unfortunately, as has been stated every few months when this subject is brought up, most people use Facebook and Twitter for banter nowadays and Forums have become old-hat. - Sad but true. :(

Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:01 pm

Teddynonose wrote:

Knowing your dress sense maybe you'd like a more sexy forum in high heels :lol:

You're joking?! I still haven't got over the Convention when you turned up in fishnets and stilettos. :o :shock:

Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:23 am

arcademannequin wrote:
Conan wrote:We need new members, and we need more of them to join in the banter.

What's stopping them? :? -:(

I honestly have no idea. :(

Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:26 pm

arcademannequin wrote:

What's stopping them? :? - I'd welcome anyone joining in. - Unfortunately, as has been stated every few months when this subject is brought up, most people use Facebook and Twitter for banter nowadays and Forums have become old-hat. - Sad but true. :(

It s hard to have banter on FB and Twitter unless you want the whole world to know what you think.

This is just a small community of Fish fans where there is a core group which changes occasionally and other people drop in and out.

I'd prefer that there was a bit more discussion than just the games, weather and what we are eating ;) - however when we are dipping in and out during the day sometimes that is all we can manage and at least it shows that we are connected.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:52 pm

Talking of core people...
These are the top 10 posters on the site

arcademannequin 18918
Teddynonose 13969
Conan 13066
docbob 9010
mwelljester 8934
Chris D 8271
ulrichs 8104
zazabi 7131
Rich1 6835
Andyboy67 4757

Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:32 pm

Teddynonose wrote:Talking of core people...

arcademannequin 18918
Teddynonose 13969
Conan 13066
docbob 9010
mwelljester 8934
Chris D 8271
ulrichs 8104
zazabi 7131
Rich1 6835
Andyboy67 4757

Top ten in terms of quantity perhaps... :P

Why am I not in there? :lol:

Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:34 pm

Sir Leonard Buttocks wrote:
Teddynonose wrote:Talking of core people...

arcademannequin 18918
Teddynonose 13969
Conan 13066
docbob 9010
mwelljester 8934
Chris D 8271
ulrichs 8104
zazabi 7131
Rich1 6835
Andyboy67 4757

Top ten in terms of quantity perhaps... :P

Why am I not in there? :lol:

Especially as you already have 13071 posts !
Next

Full Version