F-era only, otherwise topics must be started in 'Other bands and gigs'

First time you saw Fish/Marillion live?

Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:59 pm

Interested to know what your first gig experience was.

It's not a contest!

Mo

Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:00 am

hi everyone
i saw fish back in 1989 when he came to malta for the first time .
it was not for a gig but for something personal to do with the late mr goodwin son.
it was a great experience for me as it was a chat on a table and just talked along with his then wife tammi.
after that i met him every time he came on the island and the last concert he made at manoel island was out of this world.
all the best from malta
claude

Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:14 am

I was in to Mod/Ska when i was a teenager, That all changed in 1982 when a good friend took me to the Marquee to see Marillion, So since 82 i have been a Fish fan, and my music tastes lean towards the Prog spectrum of music, even today. ;D

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:50 pm

Have yet to see Fish live-or marillion for that matter, but planning on making a trip for the tour in the fall. Will the UK be the same when I arrive?

Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:55 pm

i'm in the same boat as Scot, i'm yet to see Fish but i also have plans to see him in the return to childhood tour!! can't wait!!

Ed

Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:27 pm

First Fish was 1991, just after I started University in Liverpool. Last time was err... (why is that harder to remember..?) it must have been in Liverpool again, on the warm up tour last April.

If you are planning on coming over in the AUTUMN (as I will continue to call it) it will be good to catch up - but its about time Fish announced some dates. I already get the feeling that the next message we get may be on the lines of "Tour postponed until the spring" :(

My credit card is poised. Let's rock!

Taff

Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:31 pm

Liverpool Royal Court Christmas1986- my first ever concert and a wonderful evening

Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:24 pm

Cambridge Corn Exchange - Nov 1989

I'd only become a fan after seeing `Sugar Mice' on Top of the Pops, and hadn't been allowed to see them on the following UK tour, so as soon as I had the chance I grabbed tickets for Fish's first solo tour.

It was fantastic, even though he played a lot from `Vigil', which was still two months away from release. I particularly remember enjoying `Script'.

I've seen him at least once on every UK tour since (except the RWZ tour, as at the time we were expecting) and the last time was in Stourbridge in April.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:59 pm

First time I saw Marillion was in 1987 (or 1986) December 19th at Edinburgh Playhouse. What an amazing night!!! One of the most memorable weekends of my life, even accosted poor Ian Mosley as he was about to get into a taxi, asked him to sign an album for me, which he very kindly did, then told me not to run across the middle of Princess Street again in Christmas rushhour traffic hahaha.

Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:40 pm

I think this is the wrong thread for this?
Who cares ;-)
My first gig was: 1991 December 18th - Hanenhof: Geleen, Netherlands
Internal Exile Tour. It was GREAT!!
R
Next

Full Version