F-era only, otherwise topics must be started in 'Other bands and gigs'

Fugazi

Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:19 pm

Imho Fugazi is the most underrated Marillion album.
My fav though: Clutching At Straws.
But all 4 studio-albums from the Fish-era are sheer brilliance to me!!

Torch

Fugazi

Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:39 pm

Torch

I echo that! Fugazi got me into Marillion.

Fugazi

Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:34 pm

Torch

I echo that! Fugazi got me into Marillion.

Hey mate we agree for a change ;)
Fugazi is a killer album and got me into Marillion.
Well the first one i heard was actually Real To Reel but Fugazi the first i bought.
All superb tracks on it and many crowd-favs!!

Torch

Fugazi

Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:22 pm

Fugazi is a killer album and got me into Marillion. Well the first one i heard was actually Real To Reel but Fugazi the first i bought. All superb tracks on it and many crowd-favs!!

Same here, actually: Real To Reel was the first Marillion I heard, and upon hearing it, I went straight out and bought Fugazi (the shop didn't have Real To Reel at the time - I had to wait another week for that, this being in the dark days before internet access!).

I still like Fugazi a lot, but time hasn't been kind to it's very 80s sound. That said, virtually every track is a winner - I even like Emerald Lies, which is one of the tracks that people like to take the piss out of! The only tracks I'm not so enamoured of are She Chameleon (it's a bit drawn out, though I prefer the recorded version over the more Genesis-y version that the band played live on earlier tours) and Punch & Judy, which I think Fish did a much better version of for Yin/Yang.

Good album, though. And I still love Incubus and the title track, which I blame for turning me into a fan virtually overnight!

Fugazi

Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:31 pm

I reckon the title track to be the best single Marillion song - ever. I wasn't at "that" convention, but reports indicate a crowd going absolutely ecstatic, and when Fish closed the RtC gigs with a perfect version, I was almost in tears.

Fugazi

Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:32 pm

fugazi is sooooooo dirty and reeks of speed,i love it.no doubt the album is pure 80s but one of incredible depth and emotion.she cameleon is superb,the 2disc remaster is well worth a shot,the demos are stunning.

Fugazi

Thu May 18, 2006 2:06 pm

in my opinion Clutching at straws is the best.
the others are all good but fugazi would be my least favourite.

Fugazi

Thu May 18, 2006 3:04 pm

Fugazi good bar She Chameleon which i think is a dire song apart from that its a great album

Ed

Fugazi

Thu May 18, 2006 5:35 pm

Ed wrote Today at 4:04pm

Fugazi good bar She Chameleon which i think is a dire song apart from that its a great album

I beg to differ Ed

Mark Kelly's keyboards are excellent on that track. The use of the church organ really gave the song atmosphere as well.

As for the lyrics. This is from a album where Fish seemed to be eating "Word Porridge" every morning. The whole album in general sent me diving for the dictionary on every listen at first.

Once you discover the meaning of words Fish use, it become a much more enjoyable experience to listen to the "Fugazi" album

This is one song they never played live. . . . I believe

squeak

Fugazi

Thu May 18, 2006 9:16 pm

Ed wrote Today at 4:04pm

I beg to differ Ed

Mark Kelly's keyboards are excellent on that track. The use of the church organ really gave the song atmosphere as well.

As for the lyrics. This is from a album where Fish seemed to be eating "Word Porridge" every morning. The whole album in general sent me diving for the dictionary on every listen at first.

Once you discover the meaning of words Fish use, it become a much more enjoyable experience to listen to the "Fugazi" album

This is one song they never played live. . . . I believe

squeak

She Chameleon was played live from 81-83, I think the last live performance was the Lufthansa AirTerminal gig at the marque at the end of October 83, this was in it's original arrangement which is quite different from the album version..
tp
t
Next

Full Version