F-era only, otherwise topics must be started in 'Other bands and gigs'

Fugazi

Thu May 18, 2006 10:35 pm

Tosh wrote today at 10.16pm

She Chameleon was played live from 81-83, I think the last live performance was the Lufthansa AirTerminal gig at the marque at the end of October 83, this was in it's original arrangement which is quite different from the album version..

Thanks for that Tosh. I wasn't entirely sure hence the careful wording ;)

Squeak

Re: Fugazi

Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:42 am

:x :oops: :cry: Fish in Marillion made NO bad albums. you can have a fav. with me its childhood//fugazi.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:19 pm

It changes for me. At the mo CAS fav' Fugazi least.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:11 pm

Fugazi the worst album according to the OP ??? With Assassing, Punch and Judy , Incubus, Jigsaw and Fugazi on it !!!

She chameleon and emerald lies come and go in my affections but the others are all utter classics and am e it one of my fave albums of all time from anyone

Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:42 pm

I have the complete opposite view of the original poster. For me, clutching is my favourite! and Fugazi the least, but that's not to say that I don't love Fugazi! - There really isn't much in it to be honest. :)

Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:41 am

FUGAZI is what I call a black diamond.....deep,dark and powerful:the lyrics in this album are intense;
the whole album reminds me of Baudelaire in its atmosphere:voluptuous but sometimes a bit thrilling(worrying or uncanny):in the end,a unique and stunning album :o :D
8-)

Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:03 am

Nicely put Anthony.

It is unsettling and intense and you have to pay attention to it to get the best out of it.

Black diamond - love it :D

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:20 pm

Happy Birthday Fugazi

Released 30 years ago today

In my opinion, Marillion's finest album lyrically and musically

It blew me away on the day I bought it 30 years ago and it still does.

And its lyrics are as meaningful now as they were then

Give it a listen tonight :D

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:47 pm

Teddynonose wrote:Happy Birthday Fugazi

Released 30 years ago today

In my opinion, Marillion's finest album lyrically and musically

It blew me away on the day I bought it 30 years ago and it still does.

And its lyrics are as meaningful now as they were then

Give it a listen tonight :D

That is so Fellini. I carry some Cd`s into work to play at my desk and this morning I put Fugazi in the bag. " I am the Assassing.."

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:00 pm

To me, Fugazi is the "Empire Strikes Back" of the Fish-era Marillion albums. Dark and powerful and a favourite amongst those who appreciate the wordiness of it. I initially struggled with "Script..." but Fugazi was the album that fully converted me. I have to say though, somewhat controversially, that the title track is one of my least favoured Marillion songs.

One lasting memory I have, is bringing it home and playing it in the living room when I was a teenager (14?) and reading the lyrics as the record played. I realised with shock, almost too late, the "Was it just a fuck..." lines of She Chameleon were looming just as my mother walked into the room. A well placed cough followed by inane conversation saved her tutting and questioning why I was buying music with "foul language" and the embarrassment on both parts that would have followed.

Nowadays, I don't have a least favourite. Over time, I've come to adore "Script..." and all four Fish-era albums have formed the soundtrack to my life at various points and individual songs still bear relevance to my ongoing relationships and emotions. Maybe "The Thieving Magpie" doesn't take as much of a spin on my turntable as the others; I find it strangely disjointed, perhaps a little like the band at the time of its release.
Next

Full Version