F-era only, otherwise topics must be started in 'Other bands and gigs'

Re: "sit and chew on daffodils"

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:12 pm

jarsis wrote:
mar wrote:Sadly, that is true ,in my case . And it is sad, used to love this forum.

What do you mean, "used" to love this forum? Don't you love us anymore, Mar?

I use Facebook every day, but I only post here. (and even then, we all know I am mostly a lurker)

Its ok, Jarsis- just check in every day- there are loads I love on here- and put my bit in,just not as often as I did.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:29 pm

mar wrote:Sadly, that is true ,in my case . And it is sad, used to love this forum.

I know what you mean Mar. It's still fun, and there are still some great people on here; but it's just not quite the same. Not only because of the absence of "old" regulars but as Fish himself isn't as active as he used to be. I know the reasons - but it still feels as if the heart has been ripped out of this (official fan) site sometimes.

As someone who does not use FB any more I do feel rather left out of things. Such is the price of 'progress' I guess. ;)

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:44 pm

Conan wrote:

I know what you mean Mar. It's still fun, and there are still some great people on here; but it's just not quite the same. Not only because of the absence of "old" regulars but as Fish himself isn't as active as he used to be. I know the reasons - but it still feels as if the heart has been ripped out of this (official fan) site sometimes.

As someone who does not use FB any more I do feel rather left out of things. Such is the price of 'progress' I guess. ;)

You and me both! - If this carries on, there'll just be you and me throwing puns at each other as the tumbleweed rolls. :(

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:39 am

arcademannequin wrote:
Conan wrote:

You and me both! - If this carries on, there'll just be you and me throwing puns at each other as the tumbleweed rolls. :(

God forbid!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:17 am

arcademannequin wrote:You and me both! - If this carries on, there'll just be you and me throwing puns at each other as the tumbleweed rolls. :(

Ah yes! Ah well, every cloud has a silver lining! ;)

Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:46 am

A few things have changed since the last posts on this thread.
A more active Fish for one, and a more active forum, at least for the time being.

In context, I think the phrase means to ponder on things on the one side, and also it is an image of unrequited love, since daffodils are associated to that.

that is my take on the line, in any case!

Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:52 am

theanalogkid wrote:I remember hearing Fish and his girlfirend were sitting at a restaurant table with daffodils on the top.
Fish got somehow pissed and started crying, yelling and then to achieve bigger theatrical effect he started to chew the daffodils.

Fish said: "...The lyric as usual was about my girlfriend at the time and concerned desperate provocation of arguments to create drama or heartbreak which otherwise didn't exist. Ultimately it goes too far and 'the game is over'. Part of the play occurred at Dingwalls rock club one night when I ate a bunch of daffodils for effect and promptly created a new table decoration! The fool in all his glory."

Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:14 pm

An excellent explanation of 'my song'---

Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:59 pm

I struggled to answer why...

Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:05 pm

when you kissed a prince and founda bloody frog--- ;)
Next

Full Version