F-era only, otherwise topics must be started in 'Other bands and gigs'

Re: Tux On

Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:27 pm

This song to be included in any set would definitely get my vote..... :D

Re: Tux On

Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:10 pm

Conan wrote:
peter0027 wrote:Tux on is a special one, because it is the only Marillion song played with a muted snare drum in the beginning. The drums sound like a computer file, which is unusual for Ian Mosley drumming. Later on Fish uses sounds like these. But F-era Marillion never had anything else than an acoustic drumming exept on Tux on.


I thought it was Lady Nina that featured the drum machine? :?


All this time, I never knew that was a drum machine on Lady Nina! :o

Tux On would be great at Lemmers, but then again so would anything that is rarely played live.

Re: Tux On

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:35 pm

arcademannequin wrote:Tux On would be great at Lemmers.


A bit like the lake in Jephson Gardens?

Oh sorry - my mistake. That's got ducks on. :roll: :lol:
Thanked: 2

Re: Tux On

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:13 pm

Great Song, Really underrated!!!

Re: Tux On

Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:15 pm

The Assassing wrote:Great Song, Really underrated!!!


All of Marillion's B sides are ridiculously good! - Cinderella Search is one of my all-time faves. So is Lady Nina. :)

Re: Tux On

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:37 am

arcademannequin wrote:
The Assassing wrote:Great Song, Really underrated!!!


All of Marillion's B sides are ridiculously good! - Cinderella Search is one of my all-time faves. So is Lady Nina. :)


Including Grendel? ;)
Thanked: 1

Re: Tux On

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:27 pm

After Lemmers, ESPECIALLY Grendel!
Thanked: 1

Re: Tux On

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:50 pm

JohnSReid wrote:After Lemmers, ESPECIALLY Grendel!


I was one of the people that wanted Grendel in the first place, and now want it more. That comment was said with irony.

Re: Tux On

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Chris D wrote:
JohnSReid wrote:After Lemmers, ESPECIALLY Grendel!


I was one of the people that wanted Grendel in the first place, and now want it more. That comment was said with irony.


I was one of the few that wasn't that bothered about hearing it. - Now I want it more! :D

Incidentally, an acoustic version of Tux On would be great for the next FishHeads tour. Think it would work really well.
Thanked: 1

Re: Tux On

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:48 pm

Chris D wrote:
arcademannequin wrote:
The Assassing wrote:Great Song, Really underrated!!!


All of Marillion's B sides are ridiculously good! - Cinderella Search is one of my all-time faves. So is Lady Nina. :)


Including Grendel? ;)


Marillion are one of the few bands where the B Sides are as good as the A sides, U2 were good at that!!!
I must admit that I didn't realise that it was a Drum Machine on Lady Nina!!!
Next

Full Version