F-era only, otherwise topics must be started in 'Other bands and gigs'

Re: Tux On

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:44 am

arcademannequin wrote:
The Assassing wrote:Great Song, Really underrated!!!

All of Marillion's B sides are ridiculously good! - Cinderella Search is one of my all-time faves. So is Lady Nina. :)

Totally agree! Love Tux On, as well as Margaret, Cinderella search etc... they are all great tracks.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:03 pm

Just dug out the B-Sides Themselves (great Title) :) cd , and agree its a great song , other than Grendel tho think Cinderella Search was the best b-side ....... Not the best place to keep your old cds in the garage tho especially this weather , it's bloody freezing out there :(

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:13 pm

Andyboy67 wrote:Just dug out the B-Sides Themselves (great Title) :) cd , and agree its a great song , other than Grendel tho think Cinderella Search was the best b-side ....... Not the best place to keep your old cds in the garage tho especially this weather , it's bloody freezing out there :(

I can't pick a favourite from the B-sides as i think they are all great in their own way, i always had a weak spot for the Big "G" as well as 3 boats down from the candy and Margaret, but now when you listen to them more in sort of equal terms they are all great!
Probably me just gettin older i suppose :roll:

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:36 pm

Andyboy67 wrote:Just dug out the B-Sides Themselves (great Title) :) cd , and agree its a great song , other than Grendel tho think Cinderella Search was the best b-side ....... Not the best place to keep your old cds in the garage tho especially this weather , it's bloody freezing out there :(

This might be a stupid question Andy, but why do you keep your CDs in the garage? :?

Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:46 pm

arcademannequin wrote:

This might be a stupid question Andy, but why do you keep your CDs in the garage? :?

Cus prob got over a 1000+ and tend only to keep about 150 in the house , should really get them in some alphabetical order , would be alot less time consuming looking for stuff and yes often forget what i have bought over the years and end up with more than one copy :oops:

Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Andyboy67 wrote:
arcademannequin wrote:

Cus prob got over a 1000+ and tend only to keep about 150 in the house , should really get them in some alphabetical order , would be alot less time consuming looking for stuff and yes often forget what i have bought over the years and end up with more than one copy :oops:

There was a time I have sorted the around 350 CDs by the artist name after the move to my current flat. Then was the need to make MP3 of it and the sorted order was broken. Then come the new ones. So at the moment more than 400 CDs. I have an Excel list with all of them. It helps me to know, buy it or not again.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:28 pm

You can't beat being organised Ulli :D , unfortunately i'm not :(

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:02 pm

Andyboy67 wrote:
arcademannequin wrote:

Maybe there is something to be said for digital media? At least you wouldn't freeze your knackers off retrieving mp3s. ;)

Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:01 pm

Indeed your correct Paul , maybe I should embrace modern technology more ;) Got to admit I think this HD TV far outweighs my Betamax collection :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:47 am

I listen to Music through my IPod, either through the Headphones or I connect it to my BOSE Sound Dock ( Awesome Sound!!!) however I never Download Music as I would rather have a physical copy of the Album!!! The only problem is that I have so many that I have had to store some in the spare bedroom.
Ps, to keep the Post on thread I listened to Tux On last night!!! :)
Next

Full Version