F-era only, otherwise topics must be started in 'Other bands and gigs'

Re: Tux On

Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:52 am

I love tux on but i think it is the perfect example for a perfect b-side. It is ace musically but lyrically it would have been a bit out of place on cas (maybe too obvious a subject matter??). Same with lady nina. Knowing these things made marillion such a great band with such great everything...

Sun May 19, 2013 9:24 pm

Interesting chat about Tux On and Lady Nina too!

Reminded me of this old interview, members might find interesting...

"Let me ask you this then: what’s the worst song in your back catalogue?

Oh let me have a look at this long list? It’s probably a couple of b-sides. Tux On was pretty bad. Lady Nina was another one – although it was great fun recording it."

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Whats-o ... 092012.htm

Sun May 19, 2013 11:00 pm

I hadn't heard this for years. But today I put an old disc on in the car and this track came on. And I thought "wow, I love this". It was a forgotten song and it was great listening to it again after so many years. I hadn't even seen this thread before. Weird!

Mon May 20, 2013 7:15 am

As A Real 'FREAK' I love this song....I may be a Fish Head but a Freak foremost by whole body shakes when I hear the original stuff live!!...oh and to hear Grendel after 25 Years at Lemmers say no more lol

Tue May 21, 2013 8:28 pm

coops2558 wrote:As A Real 'FREAK' I love this song....I may be a Fish Head but a Freak foremost by whole body shakes when I hear the original stuff live!!...oh and to hear Grendel after 25 Years at Lemmers say no more lol

Thank God someone else! I started having spasms when Freaks kicked off at the Convention. Needed a nice sit down and a cup of tea after that one. :oops: :)

Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:32 am

tux on:I've always love that song and I regret that it doesn't appear on the CAS album :(
8-)

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:23 pm

I wonder why it wasn't included on the album? It certainly ties in with the theme of fame and failing to cope with it!

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:16 am

I love how it sounds - the opening is so low down that if you're not paying attention it really makes it sound odd. When I listen to it in the car it almost sounds like a completely different song!

Full Version