F-era only, otherwise topics must be started in 'Other bands and gigs'

First Marillion Song

Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:48 am

First Marillion Song You Heard/Liked...?

Mine was Punch & Judy since im not the oldest person on the forum, i didnt hear Market Square Heros First and i was just wondering what people heard first and liked?

Re: First Marillion Song

Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:58 am

Good thread :)

Forgotten Sons for me - Old Grey Whistle Test - 1983?
Just remember thinking "Brilliant...."

Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:45 am

I first saw Marillion in '81,( i was 15 :oops: ) i didnt know of them, just thought they look like a Rock band!They must be good! And they were! So Market St Hero's was the first record heard and owned! :D :D

Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:52 am

Incubus was mine!

I was 14/15 - watched it on Video around my mates - the rest is history!

Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:32 pm

Kayleigh. Thought it was OK, was kinda interested but that's as far as it went...
then met a lovely chap who I dated for a while who kindly introduced me to the albums,singles etc, he had loads and off I went,fuelled by my desire (for the music :) )

Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:42 pm

Garden party for me. A bunch of us 6th formers went to the pub on the last day of term before Christmas. We ended up at one of the lads houses. His parents had more booze and importantly he had a VHS tape of the garden party video. We watched it about a million times while we got more sozzled.

Ah, those were the days.

Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:23 pm

Misplaced Childhood - Heart of Lothian Image

Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:12 pm

1st song i can remember hearing was GRENDEL, during the first tour after signing for EMI. my mate won a comp to see MARILLION at a club in glasgow, think it was called nitemoves, early 80s. not a bad start!!!

Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:13 pm

As I think you all know by now, first got into Marillion thanx to Leanne's ex , just blown away by the theiving magpies one night, then, bought everything, listened, and learned, and , to cut it short, SCRIPT FOR A JESTERS TEAR, thats the 1 for me!

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:14 pm

Rob Amey wrote:Incubus was mine!

I was 14/15 - watched it on Video around my mates - the rest is history!

Surely the first bit is history as well!
Next

Full Version