F-era only, otherwise topics must be started in 'Other bands and gigs'

Re: First Marillion Song

Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:42 pm

Chris D wrote:'By the way (for those who don't know) the Ritz is now a Wetherspoons, so what better place to meet for ales! That was the last place I saw the great man play live, and possibly the same for a few living here too.'

Is that not a bit of a coincidence as on the night at the Drill Hall did Fish not say he had been to The Weatherspoon for a bite to eat and how awful the soup was! That will teach them to close a live music venue.

It wasn't the Ritz that Fish had eaten in, that would be the Forum, across the road from the Drill hall, however across the other road it the aforementioned Jolly Brewer :)
Spoons is ok if you want something cheap and very close to it's sell by date :(

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Not sure which Wetherspoons he had been to, but it's a fair guess that it was The Forum which is a five second walk from The Drill Hall. The Wetherspoons, The Ritz I referred to is way South on The High Street.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:19 pm

Chris The Sarf wrote:Not sure which Wetherspoons he had been to, but it's a fair guess that it was The Forum which is a five second walk from The Drill Hall. The Wetherspoons, The Ritz I referred to is way South on The High Street.

It was the forum as I mentioned above as I was there with him

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:28 pm

tosh wrote:
Chris The Sarf wrote:Not sure which Wetherspoons he had been to, but it's a fair guess that it was The Forum which is a five second walk from The Drill Hall. The Wetherspoons, The Ritz I referred to is way South on The High Street.

It was the forum as I mentioned above as I was there with him

That's right, rub it in why don't you.

In fact, why not give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice in the wound :lol:

I drove my bus past The Drill Hall a couple of times that evening though...... (And past The Forum too) 33219 (IIRC) for the bus spotters.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:24 pm

Yeah it was definitely The Forum cos I saw him in there pre-gig and I p*ssed myself with the story of the "steak" :lol:

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:47 pm

Rich1 wrote:Yeah it was definitely The Forum cos I saw him in there pre-gig and I p*ssed myself with the story of the "steak" :lol:

I must be getting old. I thought the story was about soup!

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:43 am

There must have been a fair few of you in the pub that night!

Just as a matter of interest, were any of you outside with pints when a bus pulled up, and the driver stuck his arm out and tried to grab a pint? That was me! :D

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:24 pm

Chris D wrote:
Rich1 wrote:Yeah it was definitely The Forum cos I saw him in there pre-gig and I p*ssed myself with the story of the "steak" :lol:

I must be getting old. I thought the story was about soup!

Or I'm getting old and it was about soup :?
Come to mention it - i do remember something about soup now...... but I'm sure there was a steak in there somewhere

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Well, if you are not capable of chewing steak, it could be liquidated into soup, so both count.

Wait! Wrong thread! :lol:

Tue May 18, 2010 7:29 pm

I bought Misplaced Childhood on a whim, because I liked the album cover (but had not heard of the band) when I was browsing albums in the record store, under the letter M. (I was actually looking at a Marilyn Manson CD - Marillion was just beside it - I remember being drawn instantly to the cover)

So the first song I heard was Pseudo Silk Kimono, which I loved instantly and really made me give the album my full attention. It was a wonderful discovery, I loved all of MC on first listen (for the most part) and Blind Curve became my favorite MC song. I stumbled upon them entirely by chance, so maybe it was just meant to be... I am really happy I did.
Next

Full Version